Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Updating firmware on multiple batteries

Discussion in 'Firmware' started by Shatty, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Shatty

I dunno if this has been broght up before, but obviously when you update the FW for the bird it also updates the battery FW. But what if you have more than 1 battery? How do you update those if the FW on the bird is the latest?

2. bobmyers

according to the experts on this forum-- leave the bin file on the sd Card at least until you use all your batteries

3. Baron LaCat

So what happens if my P3P arrives with the latest firmware updates, (no need to have the bin file on the card) and down the track I purchase another battery ??

4. bobmyers

according to the DJI support and testing rep who is a member of this forum, the bin file should be on the sd card until the batteries are all used. I have flown all mine, so I removed the file. But I have some new ones ordered and when they get here, I am going to put the file back on the card for the first flights. There is no way to know if the new batteries have the new firmware updates-- so better safe than sorry.

5. UKFlyer

It's simple, each time you get a new battery just put the latest firmware .bin file in the root of the sd card and it will update if need be. :)

6. duse500

how do you( I ) know if I still have the
    latest firmware .bin file in the root of the sd card?
    I did the firmware update ,but why wouldent it still be on there?Does Formatting take it away?

7. UKFlyer

Yes formatting removes everything, you need to put it back on there.

8. duse500

Just wondering, I still have the stock card that came with the P3P.Is there a way to see if its still on that one?

9. Drogon

Remove the card from the P3P and open it with your computer. You will then see if you have the file or not.

10. tcope

There has been no firmware update released for P3 batteries so there is no need to "update" them at this time. When a they need to be updated, DJI will put this in the release notes.

Bigdz, snowghost and Meta4 like this.
  11. RedHotPoker

Once I new my Phantom had the latest Firmware, I formatted my SD card right off, never thinking about new battery updates. Who knows when they will get here? I would like to think they would be updated as well.

RedHotPoker

12. Steve Shead

Also note that the DJI Go app will tell you if you need to upgrade the battery firmware, in the same area it will tell you if you need to update the RC firmware etc. You'll see it in the "Overall Status" screen.

13. imadago

So, after everything is updated, controller, drone, extra batteries, one should remove the firmware from the sd card? Or should the firmware just be left on the card?

14. Wild Willie

Why not just leave it there? It doesn't take up that much space. Its only 13.2 MB out of 12GB its a drop in the bucket.

15. J.James

The two new battery's I just got keep flashing a firmware update needed warning on the screen even tho I have the latest firmware in the bird and the controller already. So I had to put the firmware back on the sd card and then do a firmware update with both battery's.. Tho I noticed that when it was just updating the battery's firmware it was much faster then when doing the entire thing. It only took about 2-3 mins

16. RedHotPoker

And you will get to to it all again, in about 12 hours... Hahaha

I plan on having any new firmware in my drone before morning light.
    And drone in the air space before lunch, weather permitting. Otherwise I may find an indoor space to play. ;-)

RedHotPoker