Updating firmware for DJI Advance

Reaction score
I am upgrading to a DJI Advance and I am seeing that updating it requires the sd card to be connected to your computer... I don't see the adapter that holds the card. Do, I need to buy that?..

I think I'm a little lost.

I have the Phantom 3 Advanced. I have placed the firmware 1.6.0040 (or whatever it is… it's definitely the latest one) on to my SD card. When installing it on to the camera gimbal, it boots up normally. The LED on the front portion of the gimbal is remains solid green. I have formatted the SD card and replaced the firmware .bin file onto it, and the same thing occurs.

Any advice for me?

Thanks to everyone.

Hi, you need to extract the file before you put it on the SD card on your P3. I hooked up the micro usb cable (which is included, while SD card is in drone) from the P3 to my macbook. Once the extracted file was added to the root directory on the SD card, I unhooked my usb cord and rebooted the drone.

It took a few times before I got it to work for me. The small circle LED on the gimbal starts flashing red and makes some sounds, took about 15-20 minutes to complete.

Also, make sure you format the card with the DJI Go app. Don't format it with the computer and then try to update.

Isn't it possible to hook up the camera with the included cable to a computer and place the file on the card?
Yes. It's just more convenient to use a memory card reader. Even more so when you have multiple memory cards to pull data from.

Yes. It's just more convenient to use a memory card reader. Even more so when you have multiple memory cards to pull data from.
Mike,

Thanks for all the great information you have put together for all of us. I've used your site many times.

I was just saying if the Mityone didn't want to wait to grab a micro SD card with adapter, he could perform his FW update with the included USB cord. Everyone should have a couple SD cards on hand anyway. Too many great shots out there to miss.

SD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1