P3 Firmware Updating extra batteries

Reaction score
As I understand it, when you get a new battery, you need to upgrade the FW to match the bird. Having done that, should I redo those three calibrations too(RC, compass. and internal controls)?

With a new battery, my P3P couldn't find its way home...

Keep the BIN file on your microSD card but delete the text file. Insert your next battery and power up the drone. The battery will update itself really fast. Power down drone. Exchange batteries. Power up drone...continue for all your batteries. When done you delete the BIN file from your microSD card. I would not redo calibrations.

Keep the BIN file on your microSD card but delete the text file. Insert your next battery and power up the drone. The battery will update itself really fast. Power down drone. Exchange batteries. Power up drone...continue for all your batteries. When done you delete the BIN file from your microSD card. I would not redo calibrations.
I keep the original 16 Gb SD chip with the update.BIN and run with an aftermarket 64Gb chip. If I need to update I switch them out and power-up the bird. When finished, swap back then read and delete the update.txt files. I suspect my takeoff site was close to too much iron and magnetic materials for RTH to be reliable.

Thanks for reply.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan