Updating/Downloading Firmware

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry for being a newbie!

I have bought my P3 and am about to set it all up - I have held off from downloading anything yet, so assume that I don't need to "update" and merely download/use the latest versions of everything.

As I understand it, I have to download firmware for the phantom itself and the controller as well is that correct?

I also saw a video of a guy doing this on youtube (
). In it, this guy has an SD card reader adapter - do I need one of these or is there a long way around it? (Hope so!).

Many thanks in advance,

Paul

Reactions: Fplvert
I needed to update the firmware on my bird and my controller. The firmware file can be downloaded from the DJI P3 downloads page here http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download there are different download links for the Pro and Advanced model P3's. To update the aircraft expanded the zip file I downloaded from DJI and copied the .bin file to my microSD card. Then I inserted the microSD card in to the drone and turned the drone on. It began the update and made a series of 4 beeps while it was updating. After the update was complete it made a series of 3 beeps. Like "Beep<slight pause>Beep,Beep". I would guess it took maybe 15-20 mins??

Then I turned up my remote and connected my iPad to the controller and the Pilot app indicated that I needed to update the remote control.
I powered off the drone, copied the same .bin firmware file I used to update the drone to a USB thumb drive and inserted the thumb drive in to the USB port on the front of the remote control. Then I turned the remote control on and it performed the firmware update in a few mins.

Hope this help!

-Tommy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20