Updating anything on an iPad Air 2

Reaction score
I'm asking this here because it's an issue I'm having with the DJO GO app, as well as each and every other app, and I don't belong to any other iPad forums...

So I have an iPad Air 2, running iOS 8.4. When I open the DJI GO app, or a few other select apps as well, it says I need to update them. But I have absolutely no idea how to update them. When I go to the App Store, even after clicking on the Updates button at the bottom, I just see the option to OPEN the app. Nowhere does it ever say update.

So how in the holy heck do I update apps on this **** thing... I sure miss my Android, where apps automatically updated. I've never had so much problems trying to update an app... Ever... **** Apple...

Go to the "App Store" icon.. there should be a number highlighted in red on top of it. After you click on that, there should be an icon that looks like a piece of paper with a 'down' arrow on it with the update number. This will download all the updates at once. Careful though... there are some updates that might break things, so if it's something you really need... don't update it until everyone else has... then wait another month to make sure there is not bad news about the update. (unless it's a game or something, then who cares)

Unfortunately, this is not the case. The icon does not have any red number on it, but when I open DJI GO, and Marvel Future Fight, they both state I need an update. In the case of MFF, it just quits afterward.

In the app store, after clicking the little piece of paper with the arrow on it, and it goes to a page showing all my apps that need updates (and there are quite a few) but instead of an UPDATE link, there is only an OPEN link, which opens the app, and I'm told I need an update, and round n round we go...

If I look at the app listing in the store, it too just shows an OPEN link as opposed to an INSTALL or UPDATE link.

Close all apps by double clicking home and swiping them away.
Go into settings and logout from your Apple ID. Then login again.
If that doesn't help, log out from your Apple account, restart the device, login to account.

Yes, I have done all those things, multiple times. I just deleted the apps in question, and re-downloaded from the app store. It was a general PITA...

No this is happening due to the pending ios9 update.... I don't know if the issue is caused by apple itself or app store too heavy load ...

No this is happening due to the pending ios9 update.... I don't know if the issue is caused by apple itself or app store too heavy load ...

Oddly enough, I manually deleted and re-installed the DJI GO app, and the Marvel Future Fight game that had the same issues. Afterwards, I updated to iOS9, and those other updates that wouldn't actually ever update, well they updated. Odd...

Still not a fan of the iPad, or any other Apple product, but it does seem to work better with my P3P than my Nvidia Shield (Android) tablet... Oh, and the whole NVidia recall thing, still waiting on a new tablet, which is why I got the iPad Air 2 to begin with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20