Updates......?

Reaction score
I'm always reading about guys getting a new Phantom and everyone says to do an update. Which is fine but don't any P2 leave the factory updated? How many updates does DJI put out? It seems like their is one every month the way people talk around here

Depending on where you buy it from they may apply all current updates for you. I bought mine with FPV setup, gimbal, the works and they updated and tested the machine before shipping. These quads seem to be selling pretty quick but I bet they're still boxed months before they're actually sold.

Received my P2V in late December. Since then I've applied one update each to Vision, controller, & camera. Apparently there was a lot of stock in the pipeline. One would hope the units actually leaving the factory today are current, but there's no way to know until you check.

The Vision is a pretty new product. I'd imagine updates will taper off as they "age", other than for new features.

I get the updates.........with that said I'm a 25 year user of all things Adobe. Along with different RIP's in my world of printing. I learned many years ago if software or hardware is working fine.........don't freaking update. Just last month I did a 3GB software update to RIP software we use, dam update bricked the program and computer. Nothing like staying at work 6 plus hours to rebuild the system and reload software

FASTFJR said:
I get the updates.........with that said I'm a 25 year user of all things Adobe. Along with different RIP's in my world of printing. I learned many years ago if software or hardware is working fine.........don't freaking update. Just last month I did a 3GB software update to RIP software we use, dam update bricked the program and computer. Nothing like staying at work 6 plus hours to rebuild the system and reload software

I do usually avoid being an "early adopter" ... been on the "bleeding edge" many times before. I figure it's someone else's turn to "take the point".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.