Updates from InterDrone

Reaction score
Pretty decent showing. The DJI flight cage showing phantom and inspire models with some interesting accessories

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441908713.398393.jpg

Parachutes for your phantom. Spring loaded, senses altitude and orientation so it only fires at the right time.

Mounts on the side right under props. Not for 9" props.

And $175 for the chute and $75 for the electronics.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441908933.194471.jpg

Reactions: witold
Micro drone, $175. Less than 5 inches and amazing flight capability (but no intelligent modes)
Positioned as a starter drone for phantom/3DR

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441909764.945177.jpg

Reactions: witold
I think the 'electronics' is still in the kickstarter phase.
Until then you need a PWM output to drive the servo on the lid.

They do have a newer model chute for [Phantom] use with bigger props the last time I looked.

I would be interested in seeing how that chute worked, more specifically how would it not get tangled up in the props if you had a single motor failure

Reactions: Australis5
I would be interested in seeing how that chute worked, more specifically how would it not get tangled up in the props if you had a single motor failure

Good questions.

I'm sure MARS would answer your questions if you inquired.

Parachutes for your phantom. Spring loaded, senses altitude and orientation so it only fires at the right time.

Mounts on the side right under props. Not for 9" props.

And $175 for the chute and $75 for the electronics.

View attachment 30264
Navin are these available anywhere else? I seen the promotion back in May of this year but didn't go over good enough to go into production.

Reactions: Jbundy63
;)

The parachute comes in two forms. - a cylinder with a spring that shoots it out based on electronic triggering. And another gravity based form that I don't completely understand.

They work in two ways from what I understood. A cylinder with a spring that is activated by an electronic trigger. And a gravity-based way that I don't completely understand.

The Small drone is MicroDrone. Apparently the hottest Drone funding on Kickstarter. Shipping in Nov.
I just pledged on Kickstarter for the Mayday/ Mini Mars Chute kit for the Phantom 3 for $160 Projected to be released in Nov. 2015. They hit their goal several weeks ago.

Last edited:

Was thinking the exact same thing. My first P3 had an ESC/single motor failure and death spiraled end over end so quickly to it's demise, I can't imagine how that could have been compensated for. Love the theoretical idea of mid-air fail safes though...hope they can nail this stuff

Was thinking the exact same thing. My first P3 had an ESC/single motor failure and death spiraled end over end so quickly to it's demise, I can't imagine how that could have been compensated for. Love the theoretical idea of mid-air fail safes though...hope they can nail this stuff
Don't quote me on it but I believe if you have an issue other that battery failure you are supposed to shut the motors down when you have an issue. Now I'm thinking about CSC, are you able to do that in mid air? I've read so much and believe you can, at least I've heard of people doing it and it has been talked about so much. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie