Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Updated to 1.3.2 - now won't connect

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by MikeON, Aug 4, 2015.

1. MikeON

I was going to wait a few days to update, but found that the Pilot app on my iPhone 6+ had already been automatically replaced by DJI GO, so decided to go the rest of the way.
    Upgraded aircraft per directions, no apparent problems and result file shows "success".
    Put in my other battery and repeated above.
    Started the DJI GO app to upgrade the RC per the directions. At first I had to go through the "connect your aircraft" exercise. Then it connected and I could see on the iPhone what the camera was seeing. Message in app said RC upgrade needed. Then it said it couldn't upgrade RC through app, had to use other method. Used a USB stick and loaded P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin onto it. Put in RC and started it. Upgrade progressed as described and result file says "success".
    Now, the status bar in the app says "Disconnected". I've waited about 15 minutes for connection, and tried several times restarting everything. Even shut down and restarted the iPhone. I can start the motors by CSC and tilt the gimbal with the RC dial. But nothing in the app.
    I did not have this problem before.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Skyler likes this.
  2. Viral

Um, I thought the newest firmware was 1.2.8 and I've never heard of DJI GO app. I have absolutely no idea about anything in your post. Are you using a phantom 3?

3. skyhighdiver

Man check the website new updates all around

WeeMrP likes this.
  4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

You need to get up to date with DJI happenings.
    Check a few forum threads and you'll work it out.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  5. skyhighdiver

First issue is you connected to the aircraft just turn on the controller not the aircraft
    Just go to the app and hit relink controller with both bird and controller on DJI states right in the directions this may happen

6. Tom M WI

If you can, try re-installing the DJI GO app. when I updated my firmware (I use a note 4, so no go app for me yet), when I first started everything up, a window popped up on my screen asking if I wanted to use the device plugged into the usb. I think I didn't read it right ad just hit cancel and I was also getting the disconnected screen. I shut the app down and started it again and that window popped up again, but this time I clicked ok, and it then connected.
    Just a suggestion. :)

7. C0ps

Uninstall app, clear data and install again

skyhighdiver likes this.
  8. MikeON

I had to turn on the aircraft in order to connect it at first. Otherwise, the app would not let me get into camera view, which the instructions say is the route to do the upgrade. The aircraft was off during the RC upgrade. Also tried re-linking.
    I have now uninstalled and re-installed the app (twice). Now it won't get past the "How to Connect" exercise in the app. Tried about 6 times and it will not let me into camera view. I'll call DJI tomorrow.

9. C0ps

Just to be clear you need to turn on radio...than phantom....than app

10. tvckz

Thanks! I switched wi-fi off on my tablet. I am happy with 1.1.9. I do not want any unauthorized updates.

11. skyhighdiver

This is very odd as I updated both my controllers while the batteries were charging for the birds and camera view opened with no issues
    no picture a no bird but opened and updated fine

No ware does it say turn on the bird

Step 2- Download and Update the Firmware

1. Go to the DJI GO App > Camera View > System Status bar > Overall Status. Tap Download the firmware update package to download and

update the firmware. Track the update progress from progress bar in the DJI GO App. The status LED on the remote controller will blink

blue during update and blink green when update is complete with success.

Firmware update through the DJI GO app will not work with older versions of the remote controller firmware. If the firmware update fails, follow

the instructions below to update the firmware using the traditional method:

a. Update the latest firmware package files from DJI official web site.

b. Extract all downloaded files into the root directory of an SD card or USB flash drive.

c. Turn off the remote controller, Insert the SD card into a SD card reader or the USB disk onto the remote controller USB port when remote

controller is turned off.

d. Power on the remote controller and wait 60 seconds until the upgrade begins. Do not power off the remote controller during the update.

e. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the firmware update. The camera will sound a beeping sound and the Status LED on the

remote controller shows solid blue to indicate the update is in progress. The Status LED on remote controller shows solid green and beeping

sound will stop if the upgrade is completed with success.

f . If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade

the remote controller.

You will only be able to update the remote controller firmware through the DJI GO app from this point onwards.

12. skyhighdiver

you don't need to turn wifi off as you can disable auto updates in the iTunes options
    because sooner or later you will want to use wifi to use tablet or get maps and bam new firmware

13. tvckz

Why do you give advices when you have no clue, about how it works. Thanks man I wish you the best from my heart, the best of the best. It is updated by itself as soon as I switched wi-fi on. I hate you yankees more and more

14. Mako79

Try F method. The best, most compatible USB thumb drive is actually on the gimbal.

F. If you do not have a SD card reader, you may insert the SD card into the gimbal and connect the gimbal with remote controller to upgrade

Leave the card in the gimbal and plug the micro into the gimbal board and the rectangular end into the controller.
    Wait for the Blue LED to change to Green. Turn the Bird on first and then the Controller.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  15. skyhighdiver

Your the one with no clue
    I own 4 Phantoms and 11 apple devices you can turn off updates and use the wifi so maybe you should
    RTFM (3).jpg

#15 skyhighdiver, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Tom M WI likes this.
  16. MikeON

Just a quick update on this (I'm the OP). I appreciate all the suggestions and tried them all but no luck so far. Also tried reinstalling 1.3.2 on the RC with a different USB stick. The upgrade didn't start - probably because it was the same version already installed.
    Called DJI tech support in LA. He didn't have a quick answer but said they would try to get back to me within 72 hours. He asked me to see if it would take a picture (with the RC button) and email him the results. I did better than that - took it up 125' to take the picture. It flew fine, albeit without FPV, and did take the picture. Also emailed them the results files showing upgrade "success".

17. bbfpv

You hate me because someone on a forum told you that it's possible to disable auto updates in iTunes? Intriguing.

skyhighdiver likes this.
  18. Viral

Yup I saw all of them right after posting that. Then came here and deleted my post... Or thought I did but clearly it stayed :)

skyhighdiver likes this.