Updated shell cracked :/

That's the email I got back from them.
There website shows the shell doesn't have a warranty on it but they have been replacing shells on hundreds of them for free. Just do a search in these forums. They just got finished repairing mine and shipped it out today.

Wonder if the shell has a different warranty period on it. Mine was only 6 weeks old.
I'm not sure. I only flew mine for maybe tops 7 flights,,and I spotted the cracks. I sent that picture of the cracks to DJI and they asked for a picture of the serial number on the box and proof of purchase..so I sent all that off to them. Then I get that last email to say it's not covered.

There website shows the shell doesn't have a warranty on it but they have been replacing shells on hundreds of them for free. Just do a search in these forums. They just got finished repairing mine and shipped it out today.
That's because maybe yours is only a few weeks old,,where's mine is 8 months old,,but still maybe an hours flight time if you make up the few times I did fly it.

I could have sworn there was a warranty on the shells 2 months ago when I looked last. But looking now it says none.
Guess I am mistaken.

It should be covered under manufacturers defect.

Reactions: Potcheen
I could have sworn there was a warranty on the shells 2 months ago when I looked last. But looking now it says none.
Guess I am mistaken.

It should be covered under manufacturers defect.
I sent 2 emails to them and all I'm getting is No it's not covered. The warranty runs out July 2016.

I sent 2 emails to them and all I'm getting is No it's not covered. The warranty runs out July 2016.
And today is ?/2016

What am I missing here ?

Speaking of crack. One huge plus for the P4 is the new shell's material seem a lot tougher then the brittle p3

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

image.jpeg
And today is ?/2016

What am I missing here ?

Speaking of crack. One huge plus for the P4 is the new shell's material seem a lot tougher then the brittle p3
Just that my p3 shell is not covered so DJI tells me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

According to this. The frame have no warranty (which is terrible). I guess DJI have the freedom to do as they please on this issue unless the problem is so well known that it become a PR nightmare or some kind of class action!!
00057585ab891cbcaae0c8e7c3bbaba9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

According to this. The frame have no warranty (which is terrible). I guess DJI have the freedom to do as they please on this issue unless the problem is so well known that it become a PR nightmare or some kind of class action!!

They warrantied mine and have also done so for several others. Don't know what the difference is.

There is no warranty on the shell. Mine developed cracks after about 6 or 7 flights. DJI told me there's no warranty on my shell. My advance was bought in July 2015.

The shell is warranted by DJi. Read the warranty fellas, it's 1yr.

I got mine back about a month ago. Replaced shell, no charge. This is the first time I have heard of them refusing warranty coverage for a cracked shell. Strange

Wow they must have changed it! I looked this up several months ago and specifically saw the shell was covered for 1yr along with the main board. Everything else was 6 months.

$8 eBay and forget bs warranty.
354196eb30f947d4c390da3b5758e233.jpg

I suppose that's one way to maybe solve it. But it will always be in the back of your mind while flying it. If they just gave me the frame itself I'll pay my dealer for its fitting cost.

So here it is. Got my baby back in about business day. Of coarse that's not hard since I live in the same city as DJI. The bird had the upper shell replaced only. I just took it for a flight. I did have trouble connecting it via iPhone cable on the controller. My phone kept buzzing. I had to reset my controller to finally get it working. Hope that's not a new issue coming up. A ways, bottom line, DJI warranty and tech support 10/10

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 305
So here it is. Got my baby back in about business day. Of coarse that's not hard since I live in the same city as DJI. The bird had the upper shell replaced only. I just took it for a flight. I did have trouble connecting it via iPhone cable on the controller. My phone kept buzzing. I had to reset my controller to finally get it working. Hope that's not a new issue coming up. A ways, bottom line, DJI warranty and tech support 10/10
So how old was your phantom advance ect.

Mine should be here tomorrow with both the lower and upper shell replaced.

About 8
Months
Update on my phantom advance.
Great news DJI have paid for a courier to collect my phantom from my house. Also they replaced the shell and even updated my fireware to the latest. That's so service. Turn around time was so fast. Great company thanks so much

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers