Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Updated pro to 1.9.60 problem

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Joshua crane, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Joshua crane

after updating my drone the accent speed is now stuck on 3m/s from 5/ms before i updated the firmware, anyone else experienced this ? Also why have DJI done this, is it possible to downgrade the phantom 3 professional to previous firmware?

Josh

2. RedHotPoker

Yes, you can always go back one firmware version...

Why? Ah, have they tried to reduce the number of returned for repair drones...

RedHotPoker

3. Joshua crane

And by doing this do you just follow the same steps as if you were upgrading?

Josh

4. RedHotPoker

Well come on in, to the forum and phantom family...

Yup, place the older bin file in the root, of your micro sd card, and you know the rest... Ha

RedHotPoker

5. Mimoid

Nope - mine is still maxing out at 5 m/s. Like a rocket. Well, almost.

// Tom

6. alokbhargava

I may be wrong but I dint notice any appreciable change.

7. Indy6

Hi, same for me, the ascending speed is now limited to 3m/s, much slower than before...

8. FantomFlier

I have not tested this so I can't confirm either way. However, if it is true you will likely find fewer "Critical battery" reports (and hopefully fewer warranty claims!).

Like I always say, this is a camera platform, not a hotrod.

9. Joshua crane

I agree it is a camera platform but is also a drone for flying for fun if you want it to be, and when DJI are advertising the specs of this drone at an accent speed of 5 m/s I believe it shouldn't be changed when you update to the latest firmware. Essentially false advertising.

mikesmiley likes this.
  10. Mimoid

Just tried it once more - my climb rate still peaks at 4.9 m/s, just like it did before the FW update. I am using the latest firmware on both aircraft, battery and RC (European Phantom 3 Advanced). So either your conclusion is incorrect that your climb rate is capped in the latest FW version, or there are differences in how the FW is applied on different drones.

//Tom

11. theTastyCat

Wow - can anybody else confirm either way? Now the question for me is whether to upgrade or not if it does cap. Always been very impressed with ascent rate, but a small part of me does wonder if it would be for the best if this is causing crashes.

12. cbgeorge

I would want the climb speed to elude aggressive birds that try attack if it can climb full speed, they cant beat their feathers hard enough to climb with it!

13. exit 4

I have a brand new P3A that replaces my drowned P3A. This is a newer model with the new motors and presumably latest firmware. This one is definitely slower in every manner. Ascent speed is 3 m/s and is visibly slower in every movement. Since it is new I am not sure I can install reverse firmware? Any thoughts?

14. Mimoid

I doubt that it is FW related. I have the latest FW installed on my bird and I have much higher performance than that. Possibly something might be different with the new motors?

// Tom

#14 Mimoid, Aug 12, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2016