updated, now all it does is flip!

Reaction score
OK, I updated to the latest software for my Vision. Now all it does when I throttle up is flip over. I have checked all connection inside and recalibrated the compass. Still the same....just flips over. I have checked things via the Assistant and see nothing amiss. Being a relative noob I have no idea what is going on. Prior to updating every thing was fine. HELP!

I'm a noob too. Mine just fly's in circles and when you land, it crashes because you can't establish a hover and stable decent. I just updated everything. We shall see how she fly's tonight

Check in the Assistant again to make sure mixer type (on Aircraft tab) is set to "Quad Rotor X"...sometimes it defaults to something else after an update.

As far as I know there is no mixer or prop setup choice in the Vision assistant. I have seen it on the "real" NAZA assistant that my son uses for his Phantom but not on the Vision assistant. Thanks!

Hmmm not sure if you can change that then. You can still see what it's set to in the top middle of the main "View" page, but I'm guessing it'll say Quad Rotor X there.

The only other thing I can think of is making sure the controller didn't get set to mode 1 during the upgrade, but in the Vision that may only be set in the controller and not in the NAZA like non-Vision Phantoms. I don't know if that's the cause in your case, but in a P1 or regular P2 that can lead to the flip-on-takeoff behavior you see.

after 68 min wait, I spoke to DJI and was informed that my Flipping Out problem is a version 3 software problem. BEWARE! DO NOT UPDATE. They have no fix for this so far. Now I have a $1200 piece of flippin plastic I'm looking at!

Petereesha said:
after 68 min wait, I spoke to DJI and was informed that my Flipping Out problem is a version 3 software problem. BEWARE! DO NOT UPDATE. They have no fix for this so far. Now I have a $1200 piece of flippin plastic I'm looking at!

WTF???!!!

Thanks for staying on hold and sharing that info Pete, sorry for you having these issues! So what else did DJI tell you? Did they offer a remedy or solution to your/their problem?!? Keeo us abreast of how this plays out,ok.

Seems like its crazy to upgrade the firmware right now. I bought mine 12-20-13 & it had the most recent updates. I haven't touched it since. What is the Pro's & Con's to upgrade or not from you folks with the paygrades much higher than mine & DJI (most likely it seems?

Moose

Petereesha said:

OMG... Just updated my firmware after a crash i had, had to replace my shell etc.. Not in the mood of flying now! :cry:

Rallyeman said:
Petereesha said:

OMG... Just updated my firmware after a crash i had, had to replace my shell etc.. Not in the mood to fly now! :cry:

That is interesting, I wonder why other people are not reporting this, you would venture to guess since the people that updated would also see the same behavior..

I have upgraded my P2V to the latest firmware and have not seen this issue arise, now I am afraid to fly it thinking this may somehow manifest itself in flight... :shock:

I installed this software update and haven't noticed this problem. However, I am not flying with a gimbal, just practicing without any peripherals.

I just sent a request to Adam to make a sticky thread on how to downgrade.
and to pleas have instructions for PC and Mac users.

Petereesha said:

Wait... You're saying that DJI told you that there is a bug in version 3.0 that will cause the P2V to flip over on launch? I've flown under 3.0 three or four times without issue. Is anyone else having this particular problem?

I also find it hard to believe that they'd admit that. Very strange... :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

I was told by the Rep that he had personally seen this behavior "a couple of times" and that "engineers" were working on it. He said that he was making a list of names and e-mails and would be in contact when a fix was available. I also received an email from DJI asking me to send them a video of this flip:

emails:

TO DJI: I just updated my Phantom 2 Vision with the software up grade released 04/06/14. The machine was flying perfectly but now all it does when powering up is flip over. I have recalibrated the transmitter, gyro, BTU and the compass on the Phantom Assistant (latest version also) The P2V starts up as it should and all LEDs are as they should be. Props are turning the correct direction. Every time I throttle up it flips either forward or backward. HELP!

Phantom 2 Vision Serial Number: PH645133

Purchased from Atlanta Hobby on 02/27/14

FROM DJI: 您的请求(734)已更新。要添加另外的评论,请回复此电邮。

Zach Zhang
Zach Zhang (DJI)
Apr 11 15:23[/u]

hi,

would you pls videotape your issue to me? that will help a lot.thanks!

So thats my situation now. Someone else recommended downgrading to 1.08 (?) and sent a link to do it. I'm not keen on causing it to flip just to send a video. It's a very violent flip that knocks the camera off the holder.

V2 Software now on the DJI download page...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 12.49.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-11 at 12.49.30 PM.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 450

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20