Updated mobile device list ?

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used devices here.

Do you like Apple or Android better? How large of a screen do you need? Are you going to be running any apps that only work on Apple or Android? Make your decision based on those things.

Do you like Apple or Android better? How large of a screen do you need? Are you going to be running any apps that only work on Apple or Android? Make your decision based on those things.
Well not fussed on apple or android it will be a phone. I am going to update phone through my teleco so it dont matter just wondering which would be the better

I haven't personally tried those Android devices. Both are supported by DJI. Both the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7 have worked well for me.

I've been an android fan for years but to be honest I just switched to iPhones and feel it's the better choice especially for flying the phantoms.plus if you should happen to break your phone repairs are easier and less expensive with iPhones. With android you will most likely at some point have compatibility issues with apps or there will be an iOS only app that you want or need.

Thanks all thats awesome info and i kinda thought dji maybe favoring towards apple just from different articles and vids i have read/watched
Well, it is easier to write an app for a set of devices that are tightly controlled and are only in a very limited amount of designs... :)

If that means DJI doesn't want to devote the resources to making the android version 'better' or what have you, or that DJI stinks at coding, who knows? ;)

Android does not support individual unlocking, fyi.
What is this you are referring to? I've never heard of 'individual unlocking' in regards to DJI Go useage (or anything else come to that)

Well, it is easier to write an app for a set of devices that are tightly controlled and are only in a very limited amount of designs... :)

If that means DJI doesn't want to devote the resources to making the android version 'better' or what have you, or that DJI stinks at coding, who knows? ;)

What is this you are referring to? I've never heard of 'individual unlocking' in regards to DJI Go useage (or anything else come to that)

Here is the individual unlock request:

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

A human being at DJI (in China) reviews the request. If they grant you the unlock, any restricted areas in your requested circle will be unlocked. And yes, I can confirm (without going into details), the red areas within your circle are unlocked, they are most certainly flyable with an iOS device.

I have two indi unlocks due to the P3P having some broken zones around DC in the firmware. DJI's solution is too just grant you an indi unlock. It is frustrating though as I am an android user...

If I had to guess, they are hesitant to introduce this to Android since I can decompile an apk pretty easily...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan