Updated GPS Antenna for P2, vision or vison +

Arrived. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sounds good..just be careful using the soldering iron around the back side of the puck where the GPS pin is located. That is the hardest of the install....you have to be very precise on removing the old solder and making sure the hole is open for the new pin of the 4mm GPS antenna.

I did this mod awhile back and had used modeling clay to see if the module was at the same level as before. I had to slightly file down the ridge structure in the top half shell for the outline of the new antenna. This kept the module at the same level and with the extra shielding installed from contacting the gyro/accel unit. This may have been necessary on mine since I am trying for now two layers of shielding (aluminum and copper), I may just go back to aluminum, can't tell much difference after adding the copper.

Alright..only 2 antennas left. I may be getting more...but not for a bit. On a side note. I just added a iosd mini to my phantom 2. When I had the onscreen display up it took.....7 seconds to get 10 satellites. It when from 0...to 10 in literately seconds. I have always held at least 11 satellites with the antenna installed.

DUH! Got too wrapped up in going off to order it! I always manage to do something wrong - guess getting to immersed in the issues is "can't see the forest for the trees..."

Reactions: Extreme24

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl