Updated Firmware - Now Having "Problem"

Blacktracer... sounds like you have flytrex or something? How did you get that MPH rating to know how fast you were going? I have an idea, try doing some speed runs in GPS/Naza and then some in GPS/ATTI and tell us if there's a difference? I'm quite curious myself... to me ATTI seems a bit faster, I'll try to fly myself today and see what iOSD tells me

QYV said:
Blacktracer... sounds like you have flytrex or something? How did you get that MPH rating to know how fast you were going? I have an idea, try doing some speed runs in GPS/Naza and then some in GPS/ATTI and tell us if there's a difference? I'm quite curious myself... to me ATTI seems a bit faster, I'll try to fly myself today and see what iOSD tells me

I have a P2V+ so I got that from the telemetry I saw on my Note3 running the DJI Vision app. I will do the test and let you know what I see. I can tell you in 1.08 ATTI was somewhat faster than GPS. And from this morning, I can tell you that the angle of the bird at full forward was somewhat steeper in ATTI. I wasn't watching the speed though as I was focused on keeping it aloft on a couple of low altitude full speed ATTI runs in front of me before I brought it in and went to work.

Visually you should be able to see the angle change by switching between flight modes whilst applying full throttle and forward inputs as it passes in front of you... No?

N017RW said:
Visually you should be able to see the angle change by switching between flight modes whilst applying full throttle and forward inputs as it passes in front of you... No?
Yes! I just tested this and it indeed changes angle switching from gps to atti in flight in front of me. I was able to get 36 mph flying with the wind in gps then when I switched to atti on the fly I got 55 mph! This is not news to those in the know of course but it sure was fun for me.

QYV said:

One goal of the firmware updates is to restrict the flight envelope of the P2 / P2V/V+ in GPS mode for novice flyers. In particular, both horizontal speed and rate of descent are restricted.

The former seeks to keep users to speeds where there is a decent chance of obtaining steady video with a gimbal. There are still many posters on this forum criticising the gimbal stability when they are simply flying in a manner that the stabilisation was not designed to cope with.

The latter seeks to reduce the likelihood that the machine loses control when it gets caught up in a 'vortex ring state' during rapid vertical or near vertical descent.

ATTI mode takes these restrictions off.

iOSD gives hz and vertical speed.

Again, two more things..

QYV said:
Version 1.x had I hear 6m/s descent limit therefore lots of VRS problems
How likely is a VRS situation to lead to a crash at 6m/sec, so long as you do not max out the descent limit at 6m/sec near the ground (not leaving it time to recover)? From my experience with the old P1, simply center the control inputs allows the quadcopter to recover on it's own after a sec, or even a little lateral input. ...I'm just saying that 2m/sec is really slow for me and whatever it was previously was more suitable.

BlackTracer said:
I never used 3.04. Mine was shipped with 3.0 and I switched to 1.08 on my second flight. Then I went straight to 3.06 a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't aware that 3.06 eased the angle restriction.
How do you 'go back' with the firmware.. I understand you can run an earlier version of the Assistant Software if you uninstall your current one, and then download and install v1.08.. But, that's just the software, right? How do you rollback the firmware, which is within the Phantom itself? ..I tried to download v2.00 and see if I could, but I wasn't able to install whatever firmware came with it and it stayed at 3.XX.

dollerprod said:
Again, two more things..

QYV said:
Version 1.x had I hear 6m/s descent limit therefore lots of VRS problems
How likely is a VRS situation to lead to a crash at 6m/sec, so long as you do not max out the descent limit at 6m/sec near the ground (not leaving it time to recover)? From my experience with the old P1, simply center the control inputs allows the quadcopter to recover on it's own after a sec, or even a little lateral input. ...I'm just saying that 2m/sec is really slow for me and whatever it was previously was more suitable.

I didn't know what the original limit was, someone else convinced me it was 6m/s. I can tell you this: on my 2nd flight (first P2, v1 firmware) not knowing anything about VRS and how to avoid it, I tried to descent straight down and experienced what I've subsequently learned is a VRS, from about 20-30 feet up. I consider myself lucky, it didn't slam straight down and destroy everything but hit some obstacles and only broke 2 props and scuffed it up. I barely had time to react, heck I remember the thing going down and me pressing up and nothing happening and watching my P2 wobble straight down.

I don't know what my point is, but I'll make this one: the 2m/s descent limit is still there in ATTI. I flew 2 batteries yesterday, spent tons of time in ATTI descending and my iOSD display never said I was descending faster than 1.9m/s

Re: Updated Firmware - Now Having

BlackTracer said:
Don't school me on modes. I know all about them. I was flying with GPS assistance at that time.

By the way... sorry about that, man. I was not trying to school anyone, I was genuinely trying to get clarity as to what mode you were actually flying. Over-explaining, as I am prone to do, and, re-reading it now, it came out harsher than I ever intended. On top of that, as N017RW pointed out, I was wrong to boot. The mode is called GPS ATTI, after all. You can understand the confusion. So... sorry.

But... still confused as to whether any of these pointers and responses helped solve any of the problems of the OP, et al?

Its all cool around here (well not really in S. Florida now)!

I once had a teacher say: "You can't be an expert until you've made all the mistakes".

I've got a looong way to go then!

Cheers! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers