Updated firmware 1.2.6 now won't calibrate

Reaction score
Got my first drone yesterday - P3 Pro and did some nice beginner flights around a field.

Message said to upgrade firmware so I did this morning to v1.2.6. Tried to fly it this afternoon...but said I need to calibrate it. OK.

Got green lights on the first vertical axis but when turned camera down and turn 360 I get RED light and calibration fail. Tried again in middle of a field with NO metal or power lines in the area. Tried a few variations and the first rotation worked and the second always failed.

It will not start now until I calibrate it. So I am stuck until DJI sends out another patch I guess.

DO NOT upgrade to this crap firmware!!

not happy!!!

Do you have the "nose" pointed down for the 2nd spin? It also takes mine about 2 1/2 to 3 turns to clear the screen on second one.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

yep nose was down. at the end of the second spin with the nose down... the green lights turn red and the message says... calibration failed due to magnetic field blaaaa blaaaaaa

their is NO metal around me. i am in the middle of a redwood forest and my controller with iPhone is 50 feet away... no watch, no car keys... hell, almost naked.

spoke online to DJI tech and he said he has had reports of this problem with the new firmware...

great. i am going to lose a real estate photo job because of this f ed up firmware.

thanks DJI

yep nose was down. at the end of the second spin with the nose down... the green lights turn red and the message says... calibration failed due to magnetic field blaaaa blaaaaaa

their is NO metal around me. i am in the middle of a redwood forest and my controller with iPhone is 50 feet away... no watch, no car keys... hell, almost naked.

spoke online to DJI tech and he said he has had reports of this problem with the new firmware...

great. i am going to lose a real estate photo job because of this f ed up firmware.

thanks DJI

Do not panic at least. It is possible to downgrade. Try it first. Move away your tablets from drone. Move away from that location.

Oh crap! With all of the bad posts about people having problems with the new firmware I didn't think anyone would still try it. Hope you get it downgraded and sorted out somehow before the job. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

I'm wondering if it actually needs the IMU calibrating rather than compass, since it's not clear from the post..
This really ought to be done after firmware updates anyway, whether it says to or not.
Then do compass dance outside afterwards.
the DJI online chat tech said do the IMU calibrate and I did... still not working

Oh crap! With all of the bad posts about people having problems with the new firmware I didn't think anyone would still try it. Hope you get it downgraded and sorted out somehow before the job. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.
i am new to all this and just got my P3 a few days ago so I missed the warnings about the firmware. wish i knew

Do not panic at least. It is possible to downgrade. Try it first. Move away your tablets from drone. Move away from that location.
so you are saying i can downgrade? how? where can i DL the older firmware?

I had this problem but I solved mine by holding it high up in the air... Even higher than the recommended 1m.

so you are saying i can downgrade? how? where can i DL the older firmware?

DJI rep told me that we could downgrade. We are still waiting, waiting and waiting. Now I realize why we will not be able to do that. Return it as fast as possible. There will be no downgrade option. (I am sure for 95%).

DJI rep told me that we could downgrade. We are still waiting, waiting and waiting. Now I realize why we will not be able to do that. Return it as fast as possible. There will be no downgrade option. (I am sure for 95%).
already returned and refunded

Reactions: tvckz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.