Updated DJI APP...???

gpauk said:
Or, get an Android device! :)

I have an 18 month old Android Galaxy, but the app does not run on this particular model.

Don'tcha just love technology?

tedw123 said:
Since the update last week that was automatic I guess to the MC, my app has improved dramatically. Once I hit the camera, I might get a green screen for about ten seconds then my live view. Once it's established it never drops out anymore.

Sorry, I am being really dumb, I have just come off an all night ferry (well, that's my excuse) but my brain is refusing to interpret 'MC'... What is MC? [I just know that the second I hit the SUBMIT button I will remember - Doh!]

What is the update version no?

HoverShot said:
tedw123 said:
Since the update last week that was automatic I guess to the MC, my app has improved dramatically. Once I hit the camera, I might get a green screen for about ten seconds then my live view. Once it's established it never drops out anymore.

Sorry, I am being really dumb, I have just come off an all night ferry (well, that's my excuse) but my brain is refusing to interpret 'MC'... What is MC? [I just know that the second I hit the SUBMIT button I will remember - Doh!]

What is the update version no?

I think Main Controller is the answer to that

That makes sense. And I don't feel quite so dumb as that is an update for another app (i.e. not the vision app for the phone).

Cheers.

DJI seem to have updated 1.0.37 to 1.0.40 and say they have fixed the video problems. Anyone tried it? Any new or unwelcome surprises (before I try it)?

I'm fully upgraded and finally had a chance to do some test runs yesterday. Everything went flawlessly. I'm using a Nexus 7 (2012) and the 1.0.40 Android app, on 3.02 etc... Fully updated...

The aircraft seemed to acquire satellites faster than previously and I was ready for flight in no time. At this location I usually get seven satellites at ground level, but yesterday I acquired nine.

I got it up to just over 300 feet, flew it out a few hundred feet, did a couple of speed runs... Not a single problem. I have the preview set at 640x480 @30FPS and never saw any type of video degradation.

It's raining again today, and probably tomorrow, so I don't know when my next run will be, but this one made me a lot more confidant in running the latest updates...

-slinger

Geert said:
Nice to hear Slinger,

I am fully updated too except for the app , still waiting patiently.
Also no problems, did more than 6 flights fully updated without any problems, 1 flight more than 3000 meter.
Everything ok except for my FPV, my screen is freezing up.

Geert.

I can't believe it's taking so long for the IOS app upgrade... I'm using the Nexus 7 every time I fly now, until they fix this. Every time I see that I have an app upgrade available, I think it's DJI. Not so far... :shock: :(

-Gil

Okay... I had another twenty-three minute flight today and had no problems at all. I am fully updated and expected SOME problems, but experienced a plain vanilla flight. I have no idea why everything has gone smoothly on my last two flights, but it has.

I keep reading about problems with the 3.02 firmware and the V 1.0.40 Android app that I'm running... But... I've pushed the altitude, distance, speed envelopes and I've seen no problems at all. Keep in mind that this is one of the first P2V aircraft builds.

I keep waiting for this thing to take off for Shenzhen at high speed... but it really has been very stable and trustworthy...

Having said that... I'll now wait patiently for the sky to fall.. :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: ;)

-slinger

I have an Iphone 5s. Is there anyone who can explain how to lose this latest DJI Vision 2 app and go back to the previous one?

It seems that there isn't anyway of doing it.*

1.0.32 was a better version. 1.0.37 is a backward step. There are versions of 1.0.32 which you can download, but they either belong to someone else which means that you have to have the original owners Apple ID or you have Jailbreak the phone and do things I don't understand :)

Many people have emailed DJI about this but have been ignored. We are just waiting for them to do something. I hope it will be fixed in the next update.

Sorry...

*If this has changed since I last checked please let me know (and the rest who subscribe to this thread)

I was also having the problem of my video going B&W and freezing up when flying after the latest DJI app update. It happened almost immediately - video continued but I had no visual on my iPhone. I think I solved the problem by changing the settings on the DJI iPhone app "preview Quality" to a lower setting - i.e. 320x240 15 fps. I flew the phantom over 20 minutes and did not lose video signal once.

found and restored the one before 1.032 (1.028?) =- and it did NOT work.
DJI just responded to my e-mail by telling me that I've got a 'bad camera' and I need to send my vision back in for service.

This thread looks like its gone quiet...? Has everyone but me got their FPV working?

Same problem here.

This problem started after the recent update. Caught me off guard, luckily I was only 100ft away.

Nas,

gunslinger said:
Geert said:
Nice to hear Slinger,

I am fully updated too except for the app , still waiting patiently.
Also no problems, did more than 6 flights fully updated without any problems, 1 flight more than 3000 meter.
Everything ok except for my FPV, my screen is freezing up.

Geert.

I can't believe it's taking so long for the IOS app upgrade... I'm using the Nexus 7 every time I fly now, until they fix this. Every time I see that I have an app upgrade available, I think it's DJI. Not so far... :shock: :(

-Gil

It's been ages -- no update showing on my ipad mini -- did anyone get an apple update or is it still pending?

Hmm.. it's been ages -- can't blame Apple for that. Makes you wonder, that dji are trying to fix the reported problems with 1.0.40 on android before updating iOS. And, as usual, saying nothing in the meantime....

My problem is that the transfer of the image to my iPhone is delayed. When I turn it takes seconds before I see it on screen, it has not happened before. All that is updated is the iPhone app to 1.0.37 Anyone know how to get this fixed

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj