Updated DJI APP...???

Thanks Bmews,

This is the step by step version of what happened next:

I downloaded DJI Vision 1.0.32 onto my Mac
I opened iTunes and dragged the file into iTunes and confirmed I want to replace the existing (newer) version.
It showed up on the Mac as DJI Vision 1.0.32
I connected the iPhone to the Mac with the USB cable
I deleted 1.0.37 from the iPhone
Back on the Mac I selected 'iPhone'
And there was DJI Vision asking if I wanted to install it.
I said YES! It said:
Screen%20Shot%202014-04-19%20at%2012.56.42.png

I went to Store > Authorise This Computer (as instructed). It told me my computer was already authorised.
I tried the install again and got the same message (you are not authorised)

I am assuming that the reason is that this is someone else's copy of DJI Vision 1.0.32.ipa
Does this sound right?
If so, can the .ipa file be edited to make it 'mine'?

If not, any suggestions what to do now?

Thanks.

HoverShot said:
Thanks Bmews,

I opened iTunes and dragged the file into iTunes and confirmed I want to replace the existing (newer) version.
I said YES! It said:

I went to Store > Authorise This Computer (as instructed). It told me my computer was already authorised.

I am assuming that the reason is that this is someone else's copy of DJI Vision 1.0.32.ipa
Does this sound right?

Thanks.

Your iPhone needs to be jailbroken...

-slinger

Thanks slinger, I was afraid someone would say that... It is a can of worms I don't relish opening. More stuff to understand, more things to go wrong, another forum to join to fix the things I phuk up... Maybe I'll just wait for DJI to get their RRRR In gear and fix the thing.

Cheers.

HoverShot said:
Thanks Bmews,

I said YES! It said:

Does this sound right?

Thanks.

Thanks exactly what happened to me as well on my Mac. My phone is not jail broken either, so I guess we are stuck with 1.037 until DJI sorts it out. :(

I'm actually in the same boat. My iPhone 4S isn't jailbroken either. I'm able to back up to a sane version with my Nexus 7, though...

I don't know what peeves me more... DJI incompetence, carelessness and lack of concern for their customers... or Apple's proprietary horse shite... :D

-slinger

No need for a winner really, gunslinger, looks like a photo-finish to me.

HoverShot said:
No need for a winner really, gunslinger, looks like a photo-finish to me.

Yeah... y'er right, bro... It's a jump ball... :D

I'm on pc not Mac. After I rename SSID it then asks for another number, where do I find the second batch of information requested?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

tedw123 said:
I'm on pc not Mac. After I rename SSID it then asks for another number, where do I find the second batch of information requested?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

on the back of the range extender,,the last 7 digits i think....not case sensitive for the mac address..

I got the same...I had thought someone hacked into my computer. If you don't have it backed up or in your time machine, you're going to have to wait for the upgrade.

I found a Japanese version and downloaded it to my Mac. I suspect it is tied to someone else's account but hoping it is not. If I can get it installed I hope I can change the operating language to English.

BUT I have no idea how to get it onto my iPhone. How do I do this without Jailbreaking the phone?

If I get it installed I will put it on Dropbox for others to use (but there's no point in all of us wasting our time).

Cheers

Basically, the short answer is that thanks to Apple's ghastly way of working, if you didn't back up your own version of the app before upgrading you're stuffed... The update should be through soon, Apple willing......

Or, get an Android device! :)

Since the update last week that was automatic I guess to the MC, my app has improved dramatically. Once I hit the camera, I might get a green screen for about ten seconds then my live view. Once it's established it never drops out anymore.

The one thing I dislike is the no fly zone feature, I know this is for safety but i live within the area of an airport and it blocks my view of the camera when flying with the big NO FLY ZONE message. Otherwise I can fly it just fine.

nycshadow said:
The one thing I dislike is the no fly zone feature, I know this is for safety but i live within the area of an airport and it blocks my view of the camera when flying with the big NO FLY ZONE message. Otherwise I can fly it just fine.

i reverted back to version 1.0.08 via the assistant software 2.0....flys with no issues,,,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues