Updated DJI APP...???

mr_3_0_5 said:
My ipad won't open it ?

Ranger... Was it you who sent me that .ipa file?

Thanks...
-Gil

mr_3_0_5 said:
My ipad won't open it ?

I had changed the name slightly. There's a new copy out there now under the original name. Could you try that one?

Thanks...
-Gil

Ranger003 said:
Yup. I sent you the ipa file this am here in Canada.

Thought so... Thanks bro. Someone said they tried it and it didn't work... I have no idea why it wouldn't... :(

Thanks again...
-slinger

guyatl2000 wrote:After being on hold for 1:40, I finally got through to DJI support in LA. The guy that answered told me that there has been an issued with 1.0.39 with some Samsung devices but was not aware of a massive problem with many other android devices. I get the impression that Hong Kong has no idea what is going on. I suggested that the folks in Hong Kong need to look at this blog and some of the recent ratings that 1.0.39 is getting on Google Play. If guess if you stick your head in the sand long enough, it will go away???

unreal.......

Looks like I'm also having the same bad luck with the latest iOS app update. Keep getting a random flash of being in a no-fly area, and occasional loss of camera video. Also reverted back to system firmware 1.08 noticing the degraded performance others have seen - especially with holding altitude. My P2V holds it's height so much better with the older firmware and it looks like the height telemetry data updates faster.

Appreciate help from someone in getting the old ipa file. Can someone send a copy? I've kept copies of all the DJi apps but unfortunately didn't sync my phone to get an old version of the iPhone app 1.0.32 I think is the number.

Kubicide said:
Looks like I'm also having the same bad luck with the latest iOS app update. Keep getting a random flash of being in a no-fly area, and occasional loss of camera video. Also reverted back to system firmware 1.08 noticing the degraded performance others have seen - especially with holding altitude. My P2V holds it's height so much better with the older firmware and it looks like the height telemetry data updates faster.

Appreciate help from someone in getting the old ipa file. Can someone send a copy? I've kept copies of all the DJi apps but unfortunately didn't sync my phone to get an old version of the iPhone app 1.0.32 I think is the number.

try here:
http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

jwuman said:
Kubicide said:

try here:
http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

Ah perfect - thanks!

Here is dji response to my service request for apple app not working

Anthony C. (DJI Technology)

Apr 15 19:14

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your email.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you reporting this error. We are currently tracking this error and reporting it to our engineers. Unfortunately we do not have any trouble shooting steps at this time and believe it may require an update. If this is the case our engineering team will release it through Apple's or Android's store when it is ready.

Thank you for your support.

Customer Service Representative

I tried to revert back to 1.032. I downloaded from I think (droneslinger) and thanks for that. I downloaded to my Mac and drag and dropped to my ITunes library. When I tried to sync to my IPhone it kept saying that the computer wasn't authorised . I authorised several times but it would never sync to my phone.

So I tried plan B which was to do the SSID name change as suggested by DJI. It seems to have worked, but I stress 'seems' as I have only done one flight where I didn't have any FPV loss or stuttering. Hopefully it is now sorted.

Just adding my name to the list.

Updated IOS DJI APP only. Have not updated PV2 to 3.00.
After updating app, Iose FPV after 5 minutes of flying. Telemetry still works.
Only recovery is to land Phantom and power cycle it. But issue happens again.
Workaround that has worked for me is reducing quality of preview to 15 fps instead of 30.
Will try reverting to older version of IOS app . Hopefully that works.

Disappointed in DJI. They are certainly not ready to go big. Poor service and quality controls will kill company.

**update - I seem to be out of luck going back to 1.0.32. Apparently the posted IPA file only works on Jail broken phones unless you have the apple ID and password of the person who created the IPA file.

Maverick78 said:
Just adding my name to the list.

Updated IOS DJI APP only. Have not updated PV2 to 3.00.
After updating app, Iose FPV after 5 minutes of flying. Telemetry still works.
Only recovery is to land Phantom and power cycle it. But issue happens again.
Workaround that has worked for me is reducing quality of preview to 15 fps instead of 30.
Will try reverting to older version of IOS app . Hopefully that works.

Disappointed in DJI. They are certainly not ready to go big. Poor service and quality controls will kill company.

**update - I seem to be out of luck going back to 1.0.32. Apparently the posted IPA file only works on Jail broken phones unless you have the apple ID and password of the person who created the IPA file.

I was of the understanding that this would only work on Jail broken phones and that appears to be the case, as I've gotten similar feedback from others... :(

-slinger

I posted DJI's response to me on their facebook pages and within minutes they took it down. Now if they could onlybe as fast on getting with Apple and Google to have the older version of their app up!!!

Here is what they send to me:

Thank you for your email.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate you reporting this error. We are currently tracking this error and reporting it to our engineers. Unfortunately we do not have any trouble shooting steps at this time and believe it may require an update. If this is the case our engineering team will release it through Apple's or Android's store when it is ready.

Thank you for your support.

Customer Service Representative

Perhaps this helps some folks, but I noticed that the iTunes app 'grabs' your original file that was downloaded if you haven't synced since updating. That's what actually happened in my case. I had not synced since updating the app on the phone over the air. And I had not backed up or synced since downloading the DJi app itself. Yet, when I launched iTunes yesterday it showed the 1.0.32 older version which was the version originally downloaded. So it was easy to revert back by simply deleting the newer version on the phone and then adding back using iTunes.

Or maybe I was simply lucky perhaps... :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik