Updated DJI APP...???

HoverShot said:
I use an iPhone5 and also want to revert to 1.0.32. I went to 'App Store' (I understand that IOS does not use iTunes for apps) and selected 'Purchased' found the old DJI Vision App v1.0.32. I deleted the 1.0.37 app and clicked Install on the 1.0.32. It installed and asked me to log in. I logged in an waited for it to load and checked the version number. 1.0.37. Bollocks!

So I am still looking for a way to revert to 1.0.32. If it carries on like this, by the time we work out how to do it, DJI will have released 1.0.38 (or whatever) and may even have fixed this appalling 'update'. The problem is that I will now fear updating until some other sucker has 'licked the wires' for me.

Bottom Line: IF we can find a version of 1.0.32 WILL it work on someone else's IOS device? OR is it tied to the original downloader?

I have written to DJI at: http://www.dji.com/support/report-problem
Maybe if enough people do it we can get them to fix this dreadful 'impovement'

Or at least make the previous version available at the APP store...

-slinger

gunslinger said:
Ranger003 said:
Is anyone having problems with the the camera since new DJI APP has been updated? I have noticed a few things are new but here is my problem:

3 times this evening my screen went blank.
I had telemetry data on the screen but no video from the camera to my ipad.
Full bars on the screen for wifi and fully charged repeater and battery in vision.
Changed batts in vision and the same thing happened two more times.
Closed the app and restarted app in flight 2 times but could not get video from the camera.
It was only when I landed powerer cycled the PV could I restablish video to the ipad.
The PV is updated to 2.0.

One further note.... This has not happened in the 3 months since I have owned mt PV and 20+ flights!
Great forum BTW!

Those of us with devices that have limited bandwidth to begin with are experiencing this type of problem. DJI is DEFINITELY jamming more data over that connection than they were before the update...

-slinger

I'm beginning to think this isn't a bandwidth issue. It may be overwhelming the processor and/or video processor on the tablet.

-slinger

Ranger003 said:
BMEWS, I tried to pm you back but here is the path:
Hello BMEWS, I tried to pm you but here is the information:

the file is and .ipa file and is approx. 19Meg. The path of the file is located

here:/Users/"ENTER YOUR ITUNES ACCOUNT NAME HERE"/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/DJI VISION 1.0.32.ipa

if you still have the newer version of the app locate the path in itunes....copy the .ipa file there.

make sure you change the user name to what was in the original path name is. Let me know it this works.

There is an .ipa installer as well if you need it, just google it.

Shoot me you email and I can send you the .ipa file if you need it.

Hopefully this works for you.

Could you send me a copy as well? I'll put it up on the website and make it available to everyone...

Thanks...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
I'm beginning to think this isn't a bandwidth issue. It may be overwhelming the processor and/or video processor on the tablet.
Doesn't seem likely, given the ability to watch movies and such flawlessly and at considerably higher resolution. Even with the latest iPhone I've had the wedge-the-video-until-power-cycle problem. I'd guess a firmware issue at the aircraft end that wedges the video stream, especially seeing as how resetting the phone end apparently doesn't have any effect.

dkatz42 said:
gunslinger said:
Doesn't seem likely, given the ability to watch movies and such flawlessly and at considerably higher resolution. Even with the latest iPhone I've had the wedge-the-video-until-power-cycle problem. I'd guess a firmware issue at the aircraft end that wedges the video stream, especially seeing as how resetting the phone end apparently doesn't have any effect.

Yep I concur, I think the problem is combination of an issue with the DJI app, but more so a firmware issue with the camera's wifi server. They're many advanced settings on a wifi router if you ever log in to one and check. These settings can change buffer and packet size and change many many other options which affect both the overall speed and reliability of the connection. Since day one I'd been having occasional wifi blackout issues which could only be resolved by power cycling the Phantom. So definitely the problem is two fold, not just the app alone.

Also Processing power and bandwidth is definitely not the issue. If it was you couldn't play back 1080P HD on the Phone. The processors on todays iPhone and Android devices are VERY powerful. The Wifi Link between the Phone and Phantom is only 65mbps at best as reported by my Nexus 7, and I can very nearly get away with it wireless streaming a 1080p recording from the Phantom. With that said a video that's about a 3rd of that size (640x480 30fps vs 1920x1080 30fps) should be cake as long as you maintain a fairly good signal to your Phantom, regardless of distance.

DJI response to the issue is to rename the SSID in the new app...for some reason it conflicts with phanton SSID..so they say.? There is a rename SSID function in the new app...let me know if anyone tries it and the results..i have already reverted back to previous app...until DJI fixes the issue or provides info....i am using a droid...the issue i have is strickly the FPV video downlink.. telemetry data and ALL other app functions worked fine...

I have the SSID renamed and today got 2 blacked out screens. Telemetry still works. Needed complete power cycle on the Phantom. Tried rebooting the phone first (Galaxy Note 3) did not help...

dkatz42 said:
gunslinger said:

Good point...

-slinger

Jorge G. (DJI Technology)
Apr 14 08:47

DJI's response to the issue,,, which we just read doesnt work....

Dear ******

Thank you for your email. Go to settings on the Vision App Phone and there is a new feature "Rename SSID of Range Extender". Put the number of the "Current SSID" onto the "New SSID" field, confirm the last 6 digits of the Mac address on the physical range extender as instructed by the app.

You can reach our phone support by calling 818-235-0789. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PST).
We will do our best to help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Customer Service Representative[/quote]

I also have:
1) DJI driver 2.02
2)Phantom 2 Assistant_1.08 available as well.

These are PC versions that I have zipped for anyone who needs them.

I put the the phantom up this morning, this was the first time since the software update and the camera was freezing on me all the time. Had a break and changed the Preview Quality in the app from 640x15 fps to 320x240 15fps and all is back to normal.

If its freezing on you, try different Preview Quality settings and see if that helps you.

cliveg said:
I put the the phantom up this morning, this was the first time since the software update and the camera was freezing on me all the time. Had a break and changed the Preview Quality in the app from 640x15 fps to 320x240 15fps and all is back to normal.

If its freezing on you, try different Preview Quality settings and see if that helps you.

I also tried that,,,it appeared to work at first but then it happened again,,,,,and again,,,so i reverted to old app for now,,,,let us know if it happens again or if that preview quality change was a permanent fix for you,,,

jwuman said:
cliveg said:

I also tried that,,,it appeared to work at first but then it happened again,,,,,and again,,,so i reverted to old app for now,,,,let us know if it happens again or if that preview quality change was a permanent fix for you,,,

Having to lower the preview quality kills half the benefit of the new app. I got mine working at 640x480 30fps but reliabi!ity was hit or miss. Usually video would freeze before I was half way through the battery tho I did actually get a couple flights where it worked okay the whole way through. I still think there's also a firmware issue with the cameras WiFi itself in addition to it being an app problem

mr_3_0_5 said:
Can someone please share a link to download the old version for iOS?

I just received that file and I'll have it up on the website soon. I have every version of the Assistant and four or five versions of the android app available there now...

http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

-slinger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik