UPDATE: Samsung S2 connection issue

Reaction score
I had been seeing reviews about how powerful the S2 tab is wrkg with Go & Litchi so i recently purchased one only to get it home & have the same connection issues to the Go & Litchi apps that i been reading many others are having. After trying everything i knew how & troubleshooting solutions i read i still came to a dead end. I took it back to verizon for troubleshooting & the verizon tech who patiently assisted me was a drone ethusiast himself. He altered every setting in the tablet everyway possible only to find out there are connection issues bc of the Android hardware security installed on S2. My friend who have an S2 also from (carrier: us cellular) have no connection issues bc he has the older released version of the S2 when the security hardware was different from the newer released S2 tab. MY SOLUTION: I returned my S2 & got the equally if not better Asus Zenpad Z10 tablet with 3GB RAM, Qualcomm MSM8956 Snapdragon 650 CPU 2 Hexa-core Processors (4x1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 & 2x1.8 GHz Cortex-A72). I tried this tablet out with my P4P & this thing is a BEAST. No lag/stuttering. Hope this help my fellow pilots out. Any questions feel free to ask.

How old was it? I run a Samsung Tab S2 9.7 inch on Verizon with no connection problems. Have had it since September of last year. Was yours newer? Was it the KNOX version that was causing the problem or the security software? Hopefully Samsung or Verizon doesn't do an upgrade that kills my connection as I love this tablet for a lot of different reasons besides flying with it. The only thing I have to remember is to force close whatever flying app I was using before using the next. I use Go, Ultimate Flight and Litchi.

Sent from my SM-T817V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes i jad the newer S2 it was the Samsung security hardware causing the issue. If your is opersting fine i think you are safe, however if you update its a chance you are taking.

The issue is with marshmallow and can be easily be resolved.

goto settings:about device

repeatedly tap on 'build number' until developer options are unlocked

goto settings:developer options and set/verify the following options
1. USB debugging = OFF
2. USB configuration = RNDIS, note that rebooting device will reset this to default MTP......

Use my S2 all the time. Works perfectly.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

My Tab E won't stay on RNDIS when connected to RC, goes right back to MTP. To connect I have to power on/reboot while RC on and USB connected. Debugging mode doesn't seem to matter.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

The other features lacking on the Tab E is no compass and no ambient light sensor.
No vibration either, which I've been accustomed to on my HTC for tactile feedback.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4