Update s/ware with Odd results, Hmmm, any comment?

Reaction score
Christmas is silly season for me so I've not been out with my P4 for a little while. So I thought I'd update the firmware etc ready for the next bit of nice weather (hopefully tomorrow by the looks of things). All seemed to go well (or so I thought) until I'm just running through bits after the d/loading and installing, just looking to be ready and I noticed the "live" picture on the screen of my tablet although it was of my office/junk room and my right foot was in fact about 15 to 18 seconds slow from the event, that is to say I'd move my foot and it would show that movement some 16 second or so later (Am I the only on to have found the secret of time travel, well one of my feet appears to have anyway?)

I've not looked into it yet as I'm off for my dinner but whoow what's going on? any ideas.

Yes I know I've now loads more to check.

I updated the firmware, the dji4, the batteries. perhaps I need to update the lower part of my left leg or better still the rest of Me!:):eek:o_O:D

And NO it's not the xmas drink doing it 'Hic, burp'

Reactions: Neon Euc
What is your view screen?

I've had issues with Android where it takes several seconds on watching the video stream, as well as a few seconds to snap a photo when I hit the red button. If the video broke up, the lag seemed to get worse. Reminded me of the digital TV's where if the OTA signal gets poor and pixelates, it later resumes normally but is now some seconds behind the actual transmission.

Conversely, the Apple seems to respond much better on the upload and download stream both for whatever reason.

What is your view screen?

I've had issues with Android where it takes several seconds on watching the video stream, as well as a few seconds to snap a photo when I hit the red button. If the video broke up, the lag seemed to get worse. Reminded me of the digital TV's where if the OTA signal gets poor and pixelates, it later resumes normally but is now some seconds behind the actual transmission.

Conversely, the Apple seems to respond much better on the upload and download stream both for whatever reason.
Same here.I downgrade back.

Yes it looks very much like I'll have to reverse the upgrade. Not what I wanted to do, especially after there are a number of reports on here about the new DJI app and firmware work OK, I wonder what is happening?

+Here we go again.:rolleyes::(

Had a few problems with lag a while back on my Android tablet - a Nexus 10. Uninstalled nearly every app and it got quite good.

The 1.8.0 upgrade made it a fair bit worse - barely able to decode the stream - the HDMI output was rock solid though, so it's wasn't the signal reception or USB connectivity.

Think I'll stick to the HDMI monitor for the video feed.

Happy Bunny again! and without downgrading the last software. :grinning:

I did not realise but there is a button/icon to push to clean up the tablet (memory wise, not finger marks!). I did that and bingo it's A/OK again. (Acer ONE 10) :kissingsmiling:

I know it's not part of my lead into this thread but I also had my first flight via Litchi, I planned a short local flight with a few POIs and W/Ps. It was a bit strange when I pressed the button to activate the trip, seeing my P4 fly to the start point and head off under its own brains around the locality. My head was saying did I put in enough altitude to clear those trees? seems to be close to that hedge, it's flying too fast etc etc I almost chewed a hole in my pants! but Hay Ho! came back all in the same amount of bits it took off with. With just that short flight I can see a bit more why some people love to use LItchi, I'm sure I'll use it much more myself.

:rolleyes::D;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4