Update Required

Reaction score
So after a long (time wise) chat back and forth with DJI Customer Service, it has been determined that I need to get my P3P updated. Turn around time....8 weeks. I really don't want to wait 8 weeks to get back in the air....so if any of you guys/girls know of a shop that could help me out, any info would be much appreciated. I live in Sacramento California. It sucks because this all is a result of upgrading the FW (no problems last time), and something went wrong. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You're sending your P3 out for a firmware update? I'm pretty sure someone here could help with your problem. That seems ridiculous.

I know it does...but I did the firmware update.....and I have done it before with no problems.....but this time after I got the "successful" txt.....turned the Phantom on and just got this:

Went through a lot on another thread and finally went to DJI.....they said there is a problem and to send it to them. I don't want to send it anywhere....but I have tried everything i can think of.....any other suggestions would be most welcome!

I know it does...but I did the firmware update.....and I have done it before with no problems.....but this time after I got the "successful" txt.....turned the Phantom on and just got this:

Went through a lot on another thread and finally went to DJI.....they said there is a problem and to send it to them. I don't want to send it anywhere....but I have tried everything i can think of.....any other suggestions would be most welcome!
What have you tried so far? I'd hate to see it go back to DJI.

Easy fix!!! Format your sd card using your pc fat32. Put the bin back on the sd card. Power on the phantom 3 and let it beep like that until it recovers.. Can take 10 min or 2 hours. That happened because you did not let the firmware finish and i don't care if you did get the successful message. The beeps annoying so throw it in the garage lol

What haven't I tried. Reformatted the the card and tried it again...let it go for 45 minutes (somebody suggested that)....didn't work......then put clean card in as suggested. Tried it again. It just wants to beep. Does the camera dance, and then beeps.

I am no expert, but it seems like it isn't reading the card at this point, just going into some kind of alarm mode. But what do i know? I just want to fly!

i successfully upgraded the firmware last time and no problems. And I have 80 some flights with no problem. So i don't think it's me, but I am open to suggestion. And I don't want to wait 8 weeks, thus my post.

Just told you what to do...follow exactly and wait up to 2 hours. If after 2 hours its still beeping i would try another sd card...your phantom will snap out of it

COops- That is exactly what I did and left it on for 45 minutes (and it was in the garage BTW ;) ).....so you are saying just let it go longer? The front motors got really hot (not running but hot to the touch) but that is to be expected? If you say it is worth a shot...I will give it a shot. Thanks......

This is just a last resort, doesn't matter if you are sending to DJI, anyway. Get the service bin file that is floating around. Install it as if it were a FW upgrade, it removes the installed firmware, and reinstals new FW.

On the pool table in my garage as I type ........ beeping away. If this doesn't work.....how do I get the service bin file? Do you know of a source? Thanks

On the pool table in my garage as I type ........ beeping away. If this doesn't work.....how do I get the service bin file? Do you know of a source? Thanks
First page of this thread. Download and directions. Hope this helps, if you need it!

2 hours and 10 minutes......no luck. Beeps just like when I turned it on.

Last resort I guess....the service.bin file. Where did you say I can find it? I am open to anything at this point!!

Sorry to hear that Craig, just to verify you are using the same bin as the one you used prior to failing?. If so than i guess go to last resort. I don't understand why it didn't help you, it worked for 99.9% of everyone else.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj