UPDATE READ FIRST

The cat hurdling is easy.
It's the cat herding that is the real challenge! :cool:

Thanks for the clear summary of the entire process, especially about the battery updates! :)

However, I had to update the controller manually with a USB stick. With the aircraft off, when I turned on the transmitter with the new iOS app loaded, the app reported that "This version of the app doesn't support updating the transmitter through the app. Please update using a USB stick."
So I did!

Last edited:
Reactions: skyhighdiver
Guys and gals, read the instructions and read these threads. Have a look at people like Skyhighdiver and listen their wisdom. If you're new to the sport take your time. Upgrades are conditional but also optional. Read, learn and read some more.......

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Guys and gals, read the instructions and read these threads. Have a look at people like Skyhighdiver and listen their wisdom. If you're new to the sport take your time. Upgrades are conditional but also optional. Read, learn and read some more.......
Updates are mandatory for any warranty claims, if that matters. Updates may introduce new issues, but they also always fix some known issues that you might trip over if you don't update. Rarely will it be disclosed exactly which bugs are fixed by the update. However, rest assured, they are real. The ones that might be introduced by the update are only speculative, until confirmed. So not updating is no panacea. It guarantees you are flying with known bugs. As long as you know that, and are willing to accept those risks, and void your warranty, fly with whatever superceded version you want. Otherwise, seriously consider updating, as DJI will then warranty against new bugs in the update, but not against fixed ones from not updating. Just my 2 cents worth! :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl