UPDATE READ FIRST

Reaction score
Ok I already have answered many questions and continue to see many more issues from people
simply not reading the directions

The controller updates through app if you leave bird off open app when connected to controller download firmware and install

Yes both apps will work with new firmware but need DJI go app to make controller update work

The update takes 18-22 minutes and you will get a green camera LED when its done and a D-DD D-DD
SOUND INSTEAD OF DDDDDDDDDDDD
LEAVE SD CARD IN BIRD AND SWAP BATTERIES ONE BY ONE AND POWER ON
Battery update takes less than 2 minutes
you can see if update on batteries is going as battery will have 2 center lights on during update and back to normal when done
You may then use different sd card or format card once all batteries are done

I have done both a pro and advanced on a ipad and iPhone 6+ no android sorry
it does work and seems to have fixed a few issues
I have had no issues in 4 flights on each yet

I can kind of see DJI's dilemma with every update its like herding cats to get everyone to follow the one set of instructions and do it the same way for success

Last edited:
Is there any indication that the battery was updated in the log files that are created?

In the hidden log file it's ID 11. Yes it was updated.

Log is located on the SD card @ x:\misc\log\logname

Or if you are a non-Apple devotee, it's in the P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file
and looks like this:
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3S_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

Or if you are a non-Apple devotee, it's in the P3S_FW_RESULT_AB.txt file
and looks like this:

Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

Upgrading ...

No the hidden log file is on the SD card. The successful or fail log doesn't show you much of anything.

You must enable hidden file and directory in your os.

Thanks Blade ... there's always something to learn with these flying machines.

No problem..

Its actually very helpful log. It shows what hardware id's are updated.

Ok I have just been given the new App for Go (auto update negligently selected) and about to attempt the new firmware upgrade. Why do I feel like I'm about to be executed? Wish me luck.

Reactions: AirApparent
All my updates took, although I've noticed a drop in battery performance on my 3 batteries just in quick test flights. Anyone else seen this? Also can't confirm horizon tilt is fixed, mine seems worse even though I calibrated gimbal on what I thought was a level surface (I can't use my dining room table anymore due to increased magnetic interference sensitivity of P3)
Anyone else get an email from DJI this morning announcing P3 Standard? It seems to have a better camera than the advanced for 200 less and the rest of the P3 suite. Am I missing something?

Reactions: skyhighdiver
All my updates took, although I've noticed a drop in battery performance on my 3 batteries just in quick test flights. Anyone else seen this? Also can't confirm horizon tilt is fixed, mine seems worse even though I calibrated gimbal on what I thought was a level surface (I can't use my dining room table anymore due to increased magnetic interference sensitivity of P3)
Anyone else get an email from DJI this morning announcing P3 Standard? It seems to have a better camera than the advanced for 200 less and the rest of the P3 suite. Am I missing something?[/QUOTE I also am still suffering from Verizon issues on both my PIII a and my P3P been a phantom flyer sent the original phantom and have had every version I can't under why this issue has been introduced when was not an issue on any previous version

Also noticed a P3 Standard but after reading specs think that either it doesn't have late bridge or a dumbed down version as the max distance shows 1 mile versus the higher output on the PIII a and P but would love to see the 2.7 option added to the pro with a firmware update

Anyone else get an email from DJI this morning announcing P3 Standard? It seems to have a better camera than the advanced for 200 less and the rest of the P3 suite. Am I missing something?

LightBridge???

Thanks for the heads up, now I see. I thought it said Live HD video. Not on wifi. Pass.

thx for the above. very helpful...one question, when i swap batteries and repower P3P, how will i know battery has completed its ~3 min update? noise, light? thanks!

Ok. Have to insert batts to update; get it. Question is: is the battery that is in the bird updated at the same time as the FW update?

To clarify: 3 batteries. Do I update the FW in P3 then do all three batteries, or will I just update the two that were not in it during initial update. Thanks.

Ok. Have to insert batts to update; get it. Question is: is the battery that is in the bird updated at the same time as the FW update?

To clarify: 3 batteries. Do I update the FW in P3 then do all three batteries, or will I just update the two that were not in it during initial update. Thanks.
The one in the bird gets done during the normal firmware update The other two will need to be swapped out one of the time during power cycling the middle two lights of the battery go on during firmware update and battery returns to normal late sequence when it's done total time is between one and two minutes

Are you saying, the brand new battery that I have never used has to be updated? How do Ido it now?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers