Update problem

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the newest update for the Naza and not able to get it off the ground without shaving the starboard props against the ground. The throttle wouldn't engage until half way..then..motors seemed erratic. The tail lights blinked faster than usual and would go yellow then red then after gps lock blinked green twice and repeated..all seemed normal until throttle up then tilt right throttle down to level again. Would not lift off normally.
The download was the NAZA-M V2 software version 2.12 AND NAZA-M v3.12 firmware.
Am I the isolated incident?

GotSky said:
I recently downloaded the newest update for the Naza and not able to get it off the ground without shaving the starboard props against the ground. The throttle wouldn't engage until half way..then..motors seemed erratic. The tail lights blinked faster than usual and would go yellow then red then after gps lock blinked green twice and repeated..all seemed normal until throttle up then tilt right throttle down to level again. Would not lift off normally.

After updated you MUST do an Advanced Calibration procedure. Then when go to field, do the compass calibration (360° dance around and 360° dance nose down). After that disconnect power - reconnet battery and let warm until you get GREEN flash led.

Almost exactly what happen to me after I updated the software . . . .

Recalibrate rate the controller, that's what fixed mine.

jumanoc said:
GotSky said:

After updated you MUST do an Advanced Calibration procedure. Then when go to field, do the compass calibration (360° dance around and 360° dance nose down). After that disconnect power - reconnet battery and let warm until you get GREEN flash led.

Hi,

I just purchased the DJI Phantom couple days ago. it was going well on the first flight and a bit hard landing on second flight. When i try the 3rd flight i think i have a bit problem since it drift a lot in GPS mode...even when i start to take off..feels like the phantom want to flip when the trust up to 50-60. when i read the manual it suggest me to do the IMU cal, but i could not do any IMU cal since it firmware is 2.02 and naza assistant 2.12.

Is there any other way to calibrate the IMU without upgrading the firmware? or is there any proper steps to upgrade the phantom firmware from 2.02 to 3.12?
I really desperate want to fly smoothly :(
thanks

Gwadit,
You can calibrate IMU in yyour actual version. I suggest upgrade to 3.1.2 for better performance, and no fly aways risk.

jumanoc said:
Gwadit,
You can calibrate IMU in yyour actual version. I suggest upgrade to 3.1.2 for better performance, and no fly aways risk.

Hi Jumanoc,

Do i have to connect to internet to do IMU cal?it is asking me to login to dji server?
can i connect my phantom to naza assistant 2.02 without internet?.
Many thanks for your help.

adit

gwadit said:
jumanoc said:
Gwadit,

Hi Jumanoc,

Do i have to connect to internet to do IMU cal?it is asking me to login to dji server?
can i connect my phantom to naza assistant 2.02 without internet?.
Many thanks for your help.

adit

Yes, Internet is requiered just for upgrade Firmaware version, but you can use ie, a laptop and do Advanced or Basic calibrations in filed or any place without internet.

I finally got the quad to go up but at around 20 feet from the ground it went into a terminal wobble then I dropped the throttle and it came crashing down.
UPDATE: June 19th. DJI contacted the dealer I bought from they contacted me and suggested to return to them to see what the problem might be. They may have to send to Texas DJI NA headquarters for repair or replacement. Apparently there are other people having this problem. Bad internet connection, USB cable, or some other interference may have caused this problem. Probably no one will ever know. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer and will let you know.

I need help...
I´ve done everything that you guys mentioned here.....and it still spyrals out of control when I try to take of.

I´ve replaced the props...restored default settings, reinstalled the new firmware, did the advanced calibration + compass calibration + power cycle.
Nothing seems to work.

My GPS hasn´t been the same ever since I upgraded to 3.12, but now I can´t even put it up in the air.

Anyone?

Thanks a lot

Driffill said:
Almost exactly what happen to me after I updated the software . . . .

Recalibrate the controller, that's what fixed mine.

Did you calibrate the controller?

Well, even though the GPS is still out of order, at least I found out what made my phantom spin.
Be very careful when/if you restore default settings. Strangely enough, the default setting of the phantom is set as if it was a cross shaped copter, instead of a X shaped copter.
That made the motor spin in the wrong direction.
Still waiting to fix the GPS...

Cheers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj