Update on my replaced P4P that went badly wrong

Reaction score
This is an update from the big fly away problem I had a month ago, sent the P4P back to DJI which arrived back today, the one I received back is not the drone I sent to them, they have replaced it with a secondhand unit, you can see where the battery has been changed lots of times, also the camera is constantly pointing to the left, I have tried everything to make that point forwards but cant, also the battery is really wobbly when inserted, I have included a photo of the camera and a video of the battery, come on DJI whats going on here, these bits of kit are not cheap and I have not had the drone long, I would have expected a new replacement and to be honest with you I WANT A NEW REPLACEMENT!!!!

IMG_1188.JPG

The gimbal fix is easy. This issue may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves towards one side. To fix it, manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the yaw until it reaches its limit when power off. Several times the gimbal should be centered.

The battery wiggle isn't a big deal. I had one of my batteries did that while the other two did not. A piece of soft side velcro on the battery snugs it up nice and easy.

DJI Care is replacement with refurbished used units? Did you buy from DJI? If within 30 days you should get another new one.

It was purchased from DJI
All my 4 batteries are a very loose fit and where a nice snug fit in my P4 and my P4P the looseness in this secondhand P4P is unacceptable and as for turning the gimbal by hand with the unit off does not sound like a fix I have read in any DJI instructions

All my 4 batteries are a very loose fit and where a nice snug fit in my P4 and my P4P the looseness in this secondhand P4P is unacceptable and as for turning the gimbal by hand with the unit off does not sound like a fix I have read in any DJI instructions
If within 30 days there is no doubt retailer or in this case DJI should replace with NEW FACTORY FRESH unit. Unfortunately, fighting with DJI to do or get anything is like walking to the top of Mt Everest, it will take a lot of time and stamina. Good Luck

Reactions: Waternut13134
Not every fix comes in DJI instructions in some book somewhere...

This particular fix was directly from DJI engineers though and it is in fact "the fix" for that issue.

Reactions: Waternut13134
That is really poor. Does it state anywhere that your unit gets repaired and then sent back to you? Or does it just simply state you will receive a replacement.
I think if mine had to go back I would mark it inside with invisible ink only visible under ultra violet light.

The email I got back from DJI was stated that my original p4p with the same serial was returning back to me, but a different one arrived, all this crap about the gimbal getting knocked about in transit is utter nonsense, it had a gimbal protector installed and can't physically move, how can the gimbal move in transit?????
Someone had sent this drone in because it had an offset gimbal and a faulty battery housing, and that same drone was then sent as a replacement to me with DJI not even looking at it!! So obvious it's unbelievable

Reactions: Jeff watson
The email I got back from DJI was stated that my original p4p with the same serial was returning back to me, but a different one arrived, all this crap about the gimbal getting knocked about in transit is utter nonsense, it had a gimbal protector installed and can't physically move, how can the gimbal move in transit?????
Someone had sent this drone in because it had an offset gimbal and a faulty battery housing, and that same drone was then sent as a replacement to me with DJI not even looking at it!! So obvious it's unbelievable

Have you tried filling a charge back with your credit card? It seems like you have tried everything you can do.

Who said the gimbal got knocked about in transit? Has zero to do with the gimbal moving. It's a rubber seal that can vibrate out of place during shipping (because we all know how smooth roads are right?), and can also be affected by warm/cold temp swings as it expands/contracts and can get out of place. Has nothing to do with the gimbal movement. The gimbal is fine. You just need to do the twisting that I described and the gimbal will once again be straight and have no issue.

As for the battery compartment, I'd keep pushing DJI about that.

PS> if you're going to file a charge back on your card, you'll need to send the drone back to DJI.

Thanks for the info F3 sounds like the camera could be sorted out but the battery looseness is a real concern, DJI have seen the video of the battery movement and have arranged a collection via UPS so it will be sent back today

I'm glad they are taking it back, but if you have a drone returned to you with the same serial number on the paperwork, surly it should be the same drone/ Have you spoken to them on this matter?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl