Update: (It Fell Today!!!)ALMOST Sudden Death Drop w/ Video

Re: Update: (It Fell Today!!!)ALMOST Sudden Death Drop w/ Vi

Well i got my P2 back today from DJI. The tech that warrantied it said they flew for 15 minutes and the motors never cut out, so they said they replaced one faulty motor and they noticed when flying it was drifting alot so they said they replaced the main controller, which they did not specify if they meant the naza fc. I called customer service demanding they replace the whole thing and they said they they have to go with the words of the tech and that is it. They told me to test it out and i will see everything is good and if it isn't call back in and the call will be escalated to a manager for a full replacement.

So any ways,i took it up with nothing attached and just did some passes back and forth. Then about 5 minutes in at about 30ft up as i was yawing to come back from a pass and the motors shut off and it fell to the ground (all lights were fully on still). The back left arm took the grunt of the fall and is bent and the battery flew out. I will be sending it back to DJI and this time they will do a complete replacement!!!!!!! Pisses me off!!! :x

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it. And no video. I still think you have a pretty solid argument to make. Post it up over at rcgroups.com in the Phantom 2 thread and ask for the attention of Terry and Tahoe Ed to see if they can help expedite your case. Include links to whatever videos you have of previous incidents.

ianwood said:
That really sucks. Sorry to hear it. And no video. I still think you have a pretty solid argument to make. Post it up over at rcgroups.com in the Phantom 2 thread and ask for the attention of Terry and Tahoe Ed to see if they can help expedite your case. Include links to whatever videos you have of previous incidents.
Yea i sort of regret that i did not stick the gopro on there with the waterproof case, but it is possible it could have been damaged on this fall since there was no trees to break the fall. :? I guess i could have just put the gopro on a tripod, but whatever. I will go to rcgroups.com and do that if my conversation with DJI does not go well on Monday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues