Update from 1.5.30

Reaction score
Hello, it`s been too long since I have flown this ship.
Should I update my software to the newest version

And if I should, which of them should i update to?
  • Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.8.80
    2016-04-07
    ZIP
  • Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.7.0060
    2016-03-15
    ZIP
  • Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.3.20
    2015-08-04

I know have the version:
Phantom 3 professional: 1.5.30
Remote controller: 1.5.70

Thank you in advance, best regards

You should definitely upgrade the P3P FW as 1.5.3 is not stable and 1.6 has better solution for batteries.

If you are upgrading in anyway, you should upgrade to the latest. You should note that the latest FW on RC and AC work in hand to hand, that means you need to have both upgraded as DJI has implemented encryption in signal transmission for security. That means you should have RC updated to 1.6.0 and AC to 1.8.80. Needless to say, you should upgrade App also to the latest.

Are you familiar with the upgrade process? If not, follow detailed steps provided by msinger.

P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Reactions: meissner58
I did the jump from 1.5 to 1.8 yesterday. Mine would NOT let me go right from 1.5 to 1.8. I had to load 1.7 first then 1.8.

Thanks, I know how to update. I just hear some bad things about theese updates here and there so I just had to make sure that I didn`t do anything super stupid.

Does anyone know if litchi is coming with touch object and fly after it with the phantom 3 proffesional?

Thanks alot, have a nice weekend!

Fly safe!

I'm on 1.4.1 and stayin right there unless the moon turns green.

Sorry to but in, but once i upgrade batteries & craft & RC, should i remove the FW update or leave it there?

Thanks, I know how to update. I just hear some bad things about theese updates here and there so I just had to make sure that I didn`t do anything super stupid.

Does anyone know if litchi is coming with touch object and fly after it with the phantom 3 proffesional?

Thanks alot, have a nice weekend!

Fly safe!
If you follow installation procedures correctly, chances of failures are minimal.

Litchi has Track feature for iOS. Select an object and it follows it.

I am waiting for the day when moon turns green, we will celebrate for Frank

As you know we had a green moon this side of pond and i went from 1.4.1 to 1.8 last week.
No regrets so far.
I fact I think 1.8 is better.

I did the jump from 1.5 to 1.8 yesterday. Mine would NOT let me go right from 1.5 to 1.8. I had to load 1.7 first then 1.8.
Very strange.

I just bought another pro and it has FW 1.5.30+ and RC has 1.6.0 For the seasoned FW guys- can I go straight to the latest or do I need to upgrade in steps ? Or is there any other advice to help me.

Or maybe go to 1.8 and stop ?

My advice is go to AC v1.8.80 and stay there. See my FW configuration in the signature. I don't recall someone has complained about FW issues with v1.8.80. It's a true successful version.

See my iPad iOS version, it's still v9.3.5. Apple is offering me since September 2016 to update to v10, but I'm still unconvinced I should do it (because the mini 2 functions flawlessly), even from the trouble maker v10.0.1 in the mean time the OS evolved 6 (six) consecutive versions up to v.10.2.1.

The same applies with DJI's AC v1.10.90 it created so much frustration among a lot of P3P/P3A owners, that by no means I will update to it by my own choice.

Waiting what the future brings :)

My advice is go to AC v1.8.80 and stay there. See my FW configuration in the signature. I don't recall someone has complained about FW issues with v1.8.80. It's a true successful version.

See my iPad iOS version, it's still v9.3.5. Apple is offering me since September 2016 to update to v10, but I'm still unconvinced I should do it (because the mini 2 functions flawlessly), even from the trouble maker v10.0.1 in the mean time the OS evolved 6 (six) consecutive versions up to v.10.2.1.

The same applies with DJI's AC v1.10.90 it created so much frustration among a lot of P3P/P3A owners, that by no means I will update to it by my own choice.

Waiting what the future brings :)

Thank you. That is what I have now done. After hearing some are trying to downgrade from the latest, I didn't see a reason to go there yet

Yes, I forgot to mention this too, AC FW v1.10.90 not only that is reported to bring trouble, but it's designed in such a way that you cannot downgrade to a previous version that you know it ran well, say v1.9.60. A bit unfair...

Yes, I forgot to mention this too, AC FW v1.10.90 not only that is reported to bring trouble, but it's designed in such a way that you cannot downgrade to a previous version that you know it ran well, say v1.9.60. A bit unfair...

Well the 1.8.80 seems to be working good, but why in the go app does it say 1.8.80+

What firmware update will enable the camera on the P3A to shoot in 2.7k and what is the recommended best one? Currently on 1.5.30. Thanks!

What firmware update will enable the camera on the P3A to shoot in 2.7k and what is the recommended best one? Currently on 1.5.30. Thanks!

Jake this is strange, you say your P3A with AC FW v1.5.30 is not filming in 2.7K ? What FW has your RC ?

Reactions: jakeV616

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav