Update firmware from purchase version

Reaction score
Hi all,
Newbe here....I purchased my P3P about 2 months ago and I have a few questions
I have not updated any firmware as yet. This is what I am currently running...

App 2.4.2 new iphone and didn't have turn off auto update

Aircraft 1.1.9+

RC 1.2.6+

On start up I am only getting the FW update warnings and no other warning or issues I have only done a couple test flights and 2 longer flight.

Questions are... 1. Do I need to update FW, is there something I am missing out on or need?? I don't fly to the extremes of range .. And I have had no issues to date.

2. Is there a torque spec for the 4 screws under the motor? I have read a lot of comments on here about cracks... I have snap off guards and when I was screwing them in I was how much do I tighten them?

3. I just bought a second battery which I haven't used.. Will this be an issue with the firmware I am running... I am not clear as to what gets updated on the battery

4. I have the older motors and I have noticed these get warmish. Now reading posts on here some say that this might be an issue. Note that the 2 flights were done in hot weather... Are motors running hot, motors that are warm to touch or too hot to touch..

Second flight..

Hi all,
Newbe here....I purchased my P3P about 2 months ago and I have a few questions
I have not updated any firmware as yet. This is what I am currently running...
Aircraft 1.1.9+
Questions are... 1. Do I need to update FW, is there something I am missing out on or need?? I don't fly to the extremes of range .. And I have had no issues to date.
If you are still back on 1.1.9, your horizon will have a wavy curve.
You won't have access to point of interest, follow-me or home lock flight modes.
(And maybe the ability to reset home point - but I can't remember if that's in the app or firmware).
You'll not have a bunch of miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements.

Reactions: Buckaye
As is very often stated here, some have issues but the great majority don't have issues. For example, I never had any sort of wavy curve with 1.1.9. Is a wavy curve something you've noticed in your two months of use? If so, maybe you should consider updating.

You don't need to update if you don't want to update. There are some cool features on later versions, so you should check them out to see if they interest you. You can decide if you'd use them often or if they are "one time just to try it" features. There are also some safety considerations such as the recent battery management concerns and how they have been addressed with the latest FW.

On the flip side, there are some here who would love to be back on 1.1.9. @Mordor for example has tried everything to get back to 1.1.9. There are a few others with the same desire.

Bottom line is to not do anything hasty without a clear understanding of what you are getting with each change. Some changes can't be undone later.

Thanks for the reply guys
I have had no issues with errors or wavy curve.
I would like to explore 'follow me' further which might be a tipping point...

Cheers

Thanks for the reply guys
I have had no issues with errors or wavy curve.
I would like to explore 'follow me' further which might be a tipping point...

Cheers
Remember, follow me requires your mobile device to have GPS. That means a cellular version of an IOS device (you don't need a data plan) or most android devices have it.

Yes but the question about should i update that i never see a clear answer on is... Will you get snuffed on your warranty if you have a failure that dji claims would have been fixed if you had updated. Another words does if void your warranty to not update??

Oso user did say pretty everything about my opinion....

To not update, doesn`t avoid your warranty.

I dont know that to be true. Its the first and last thing dji asks when you send it in.

Didn`t get it.....they ask in case of RMA the fw? I think its a normal thing.....it doesn`t mother if it falls or cracks appear with 1.1 or 1.5.

The most important, is what happen bad, not be or be user fault or not. Updates are not mandatory in any device. Its a option always.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj