Update FAIL constant beep sound

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm getting very frustrated by this firmware update.
I have done everything according to manuals and it's not working,

It's started as usual with 4 beep sound and efter approximately 15 minutes the sound changed to a constant beep.

Turned off the aircraft and checked the text file and it was written that it was failed.

Formatted the SD card and tried again, this time it started with the constant beep sound from beginning.

Please help me, what have I done wrong? Is there any possibility to fix this **** by my self or do I need to send it in?

I gace filmed and uploaded this to YouTube.
Link below:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi,
I'm getting very frustrated by this firmware update.
I have done everything according to manuals and it's not working,

It's started as usual with 4 beep sound and efter approximately 15 minutes the sound changed to a constant beep.

Turned off the aircraft and checked the text file and it was written that it was failed.

Formatted the SD card and tried again, this time it started with the constant beep sound from beginning.

Please help me, what have I done wrong? Is there any possibility to fix this **** by my self or do I need to send it in?

I gace filmed and uploaded this to YouTube.
Link below:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Hello,
I had nearly the same problem trying to update the firmware to version 1.3.20
My Phantom 3 Advanced would just beep what sounded to be an alarm over and over with NO LED lights flashing! So I put it in the next room and let it continue to beep. I closed the door so that I wouldn't have to hear it too much. Checking in on it from time to time. After about 9 minutes I didn't seem to hear it anymore so went in the room and the LED lights were flashing and it seemed to be doing the update, no more alarm beeping. So after about an hour I turned it off and looked at the miniSD card in my computer and sure enough it succeeded! I was so happy. So try what I did and let me know if it works.

I have the same problem on a customers bird.... it will not update. I have updated countless DJI's and its a no go on this one. Poor customer expects it fixed and it wont give FPV and wont update. DJI once again at its finest.

I just helped a fellow flyer with this same issue.

Did you extract the file from it's compressed format?

Make sure your SD card is completely clean and your file is in the root directory.

Install the SD card and power up your P3.

The update should take no more than 25 minutes. Your gimbal will move around during the process. Listen for the d-d-d-d to change to d-dd. The change in tones is a clear indication that the update is complete. Check your SD card for the "Success" text confirming that the update has been completed.

In my friends case, he did not have the file located in the root directory. In another case the file was left in its compressed format.

Good luck.

:harry

Hey guys,
Thank you for all answers.
I have been working for this **** update for 2hrs now without any good result.

I have also tried with rolling back bin file and the update to 1.1.9 to see if it was only problem with this version, but same ****.

I bought my Phantom 3 Professional today and i have tried to update it. It worked on the controller but not on the bird, it fails after 10-15 minutes. I have been trying for 5 hours know. So now is the controller updated but not the bird, is it possible to fly with it as it is or what should i do? Can I se what firmware I have? I´m using the DJI GO app. It says that the controller is okay but that the aircraft need to be updated.

Hi OP, did you resolve your issue? I am having the exact same problem with the same noise and light flahes.

No, I have not solved the problem. I have not been able to uppdaterad my P3P. Here are what the support suggested:

The following steps will help you to re-upgrade . 1)Format the USB stick,Put the gs_ofdm.bin file into the USB stick.Make sure the Firmware file is deleted ,otherwise the USB can't recongnize the gs_ofdm.bin file . 2)Turn on the remote controller,put in the USB stick with a gs_ofdm.bin file ,wait about 20 seconds,the remote controller will upgrade automatically. When the light of the remote controller turned green and the beep stops,you can turn off the remote controller and restart it.This process may take about 20-30 minutes,please wait patiently. 3) Delete the gs_ofdm.bin file ,and put the Firmware file into the usb stick ,and then upgrade again.

If this still doesn't work I would advise to send it to us for a check up.

They told me that the gs_ofdm.bin file is a hidden file on the USB- stick, I have not found that file and I don't know were to look.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic