P3 Firmware unsure about updating firmware

Not sure about the DJI Advanced, I have the Professional. I bought mine just before Xmas & it had v1.3 firmware, I think they all have the original firmware cause on their website it has all the updates from v1.3 - v1.6, except for v1.4 for some reason is missing? I could update & get Waypoints, POI, etc... but that wasn't important to me as being able to fly at a park, beach area, or over the ocean for some shots without being grounded on the island I live on. I was afraid to update because I've read that the motors won't even arm due to Geo Fencing. Frankly I think the whole 5 mile radius is over kill, one hat shouldn't fit all at least where I live, we only have 1 runway 3,000ft long & handles private planes no airlines, but because of the 5 mile radius I could be grounded for the entire island, that's just plain ridiculous. So I am sticking with v1.3 for now. Everyone tells me its a good firmware & I've read where some people want to go back to it. Maybe that's why DJI removed v1.4, they don't want people downgrading, you can jump forward from v1.3 to v1.6 but in reverse you need to downgrade one firmware at a time to get the one you want that's a earlier version.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4