Unstable

Reaction score
I am new here and novice operator (Phantom 3 Advance)

I am just wondering if any one is having issues with the new firmware. Before I downloaded the firmware I never had issues flying the Phantom ,. it was very stable and would hover by it self in windy days. I calibrated the compass and the IMU. I have 14 to 16 satellites signal and full power on everything.

I flown the phantom today and it seem like it switch modes on how unstable it was. I was able to bring it down from destroying it. I broke a prop...thank god...

any ideas?

Wiki

I am new here and novice operator (Phantom 3 Advance)

I am just wondering if any one is having issues with the new firmware. Before I downloaded the firmware I never had issues flying the Phantom ,. it was very stable and would hover by it self in windy days. I calibrated the compass and the IMU. I have 14 to 16 satellites signal and full power on everything.

I flown the phantom today and it seem like it switch modes on how unstable it was. I was able to bring it down from destroying it. I broke a prop...thank god...

any ideas?

Wiki
If it flew well calibrate imu was not necessary after firmware update. As i always wrote check imu values and if it ain't broken don't repair! Anyway now you've only to redo imu calibration following the rules perfectly.

Mine was very steady until the upgrade. When I finished the update, I took it outside and tested it. It was drifting very bad.

I let it cool and did an IMU calibration and then compass calibration, it was back to normal.

Some have said they did not need to but it sure made a difference in mine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Justin Wichman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1