Unstable hover

Reaction score
I have a new P3S. First one is a long story. My problem is out of the box the aircraft will not maintain altitude at a hover. Using auto takeoff it rises to about 3 ft then slowly descends to about 6 in above the ground. At altitude it does not seem to stay put. It kinda wanders. My first P3S would rise and stay rock solid..

On the advice of DJI chat person, I calibrated the IMU and compass away from any structure which could interfere. To no avail.

Question: Should I wrestle with it or press DJI for repair/replacement? Any advice is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G920P using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hum, does the telemetry display this altitude change?
What happens if you go say 100' whats it do on a hover?

Rod

I'm not sure if the few secs after the initial launch is a fair test. I'd take it up a bit more, then down, then see if it's stable.

Hum, go up like 100'. Then tell us what the auto decent rate is. You could then playback your flight and see if the remote is slowly sending a command to bring it down. Also, you could upload your flight to @msinger s log viewer and others can view it and see what your doing wrong. :D Sorry that was easy.... :)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Rod

On the advice of DJI chat person, I calibrated the IMU
When you calibrated the IMU, did you check the surface with a level to ensure it was perfectly level?

The barometer in phantoms is not 100% accurate and will be off by a few feet. If i let my standard hover just a few feet over the ground, it will slowly hover up and down, coming close to the ground sometimes. I believe it's just the slight inaccuracy of the barometer and your drone is fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20