Unstable Dji Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here! Unfortunately I am coming with a problem...

I just bought a dji Phantom 2 and read a lot before first flight, but my drone lost communication with the transmitter about 20 meters above ground, I don't know why!
While attempting to come home it fell at a tree (my bad turning it on and automatically making the home point under a tree)

After a free fall of about 10 meters, happily it kept working normally...
But after some minutes flying I noticed it is most of the time unstable. I don't even touch the transmitter and it keeps moving everywhere! Sometimes it also moves towards like if I was moving it!

Here is a link to the video where I don't touch the transmitter and Phantom moves a lot:

http://youtu.be/QoJ9QzIJiYg

Ps: At the moment of the video the Phantom was with its compass and gps calibrated and with S1 on GPS and S2 Off

Can anyone help me sorting what's going on?
I tried to change the Gain parameters but it never goes better...

Thanks,
Felipe[/youtube]

Well for one I doubt your getting enough satellites for GPS to work. Which means its going into ATTI mode. Your flying down in between buildings blocking satellites.

Secondly, your flying so low that "Ground effect" is occurring. So basically you have no clean air. The wind blowing down from props is having turbulence bouncing and surrounding your phantom.

Do yourself a favor. Take a road trip to an open area and learn how to fly the Phantom there.

Omg thanks Damon! I really didn't know about all this! I need this road trip, since I live in a concrete jungle and it's kinda hard to find really nice open areas...

I'll check it and let you guys know =)
But it does not appear to be any broken or damaged thing that's leading it to behave this way, right?

Thanks

Since you have had a crash, check your props. Dings, Knicks and missing pieces are bad. Prop balance has a lot to do with flight characteristics.

Also since you have had a crash, it is recommend to hook the Phantom up to Phantom Assistant and do a full IMU calibration on a very level table. Finally doing a field compass calibration in an open grassy field. Making sure all ferrous metals are not around phantom.

Also download the file linked to in the following thread. It has a lot of answers to questions not covered by DJI manual.

viewtopic.php?t=23597

Happy flying

Hey Damon,
Today I tested it by the beach and it was working perfectly! I even tried a disconnection of the transmitter and it went back to the Homepoint!

I am just a little affraid of flying far or high!

;)

Time flying, continued research on forum, and viewing videos will help you considerably.

Just don't let yourself get complacent. Have a pre-flight and post-flight checklist. And definitely fly by yourself for a while, as outside distractions will lead to mishaps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik