Unstable after long flights

Reaction score
It seems like this might be pretty normal. It makes sense that the longer and harder you fly, the hotter your motors are going to get and the less efficient they're going to become. And they less efficient they are, the slower they'll be to respond to the main board's commands. So the more the Phantom is going to jump around.

Probably amplified by the fact that the standard motors don't have the most efficient barrings in the first place.

Just a theory.

You might try giving it a rest between batteries... let the motors cool down a bit... and see if that makes a difference. If so, you might then consider switching to more efficient barrings and/or motors.

I'm not sure I'd say you're "wearing them out"... but maybe you're overtaxing them for that particular flight... so on the way home they're complaining a little bit.

But if, as you say, you're already waiting several hours between flights, that might not be the problem at all.

dirkclod said:
Well I'm going to stop with all the testing anyway as it is straining me brain ;) and You have been with me through it all so you know :lol:

Oh. I thought that's just how you always are. ;*)

dirkclod said:
Hey, don't forget to take a moment tomorrow or anyone else for that matter and think about those 13 years ago.

Amen to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20