Unscrewing the P3 camera lens cap

Reaction score
New ND filters arrived today and I can't get the frigging lens cap off the camera! I had presumed it was finger tight but appears to me I am in for a surgical session with it in order to remove it! Guess I should break out the monkey wrench......[emoji14] joking of course.....anyone had this problem and a solution??? I don't like even touching the camera when it's tethered to the gimbal....[emoji40]

New ND filters arrived today and I can't get the frigging lens cap off the camera! I had presumed it was finger tight but appears to me I am in for a surgical session with it in order to remove it! Guess I should break out the monkey wrench......[emoji14] joking of course.....anyone had this problem and a solution??? I don't like even touching the camera when it's tethered to the gimbal....[emoji40]

Got mine today too. It was very hard (I couldn't do it) to remove the stock lens cover with the gimbal lock on and the drone sitting upright on the table. I too thought about some channel locks...

I remembered seeing a video somewhere (somebody else can take the credit) so I removed the plastic gimbal lock and inverted the drone on the bed (now it's lying landing gear up) and it was *very* easy to remove the original stock lens from this position. The Polar Pro filters went on with out hitch.

Good luck...

Thanks for that Mate. I'll remove the plastic gimbal lock and give it a go. Have you had a chance to try out your polar pro filters?

Unscrew it using as little squeezing pressure as you can if that makes sense.

Reactions: JoBe
You just gotta grip the mother tight and try a couple of times. It took me like 5 tries.

You just gotta grip the mother tight and try a couple of times. It took me like 5 tries.
It actually just the opposite. It comes off much easier if you don't grip it tightly. Gripping it tightly makes it harder on yourself.

Reactions: JoBe
I got mine off by putting a rubber band around the lens. Tried all the other ways and the rubber band worked, for me anyway.

Reactions: dvachon
I lubed mine right up put a condom on the end of it, then put some rubber gloves on and got a happy ending, its called the Bangkok screwing system, im going to patent it so if anyone else uses this method i either want paying or you video it for me so i can LMAO!! happy screwing i mean UNscrewing!

I had the same problem too initially and finally solved it by using a soft cloth to grip the lens cover.

I lubed mine right up put a condom on the end of it, then put some rubber gloves on and got a happy ending, its called the Bangkok screwing system, im going to patent it so if anyone else uses this method i either want paying or you video it for me so i can LMAO!! happy screwing i mean UNscrewing!
Dang! That one caught me off-guard :) Can you help me off the floor please? :)

Dang! That one caught me off-guard :) Can you help me off the floor please? :)
why you havent slipped over on the lube have you? remember, pay me or film it!!;)

It actually just the opposite. It comes off much easier if you don't grip it tightly. Gripping it tightly makes it harder on yourself.

Same here. For some reason it was a lot easier if I used just a bit of pressure. It's almost as if additional pressure locked it on....

I'm not at home so don't have the tools or gloves or condoms as suggested by ELHEAPO, but I have tried everything without success. Lightly wet cloth; light tension, hard tension, no luck.

Don't use rubber grippers. I had the same problem until I watched a YouTube video. Turn drone upsidedown and pinch the camera between fingers. Use other hand to loosen. It's all about being upsidedown and gripping the camera part with the lens.

Can somebody give a help--

I took the DJI clear lens protector housing off to clean it (long story involving a tree) but now that I have cleaned the lenses and the metal housing I am ready to put the lens protector back onto the drone.

However, I did not notice on which side of the clear lens protector the rubber o-ring goes. The assembly just kind of fell apart in my hand when I took it off the drone.

Does the rubber o-ring get dropped into the stock filer housing first? Or does the clear protector go on, then the o-ring?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4