Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

1. Mike_in_Letcombe

I have a P4 with, apparently, a screw on UV lens - standard as shipped. Lots of folk talk about being able to unscrew this and fit other screw on lenses (mainly Polar Pro) but I'm darned if I can unscrew mine. I've not 'forced' it too much as I don't want to break the camera / gimbal but any suggestions? Turned on / turned off? Holding gimbal firmly on both sides or just one? Rubber gloves / rubber bands (I've even seen some advice about a condom!) - how did YOU undo yours the first time?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

2. rockydog

A rubber band is the way to go....hold the top and bottom of the camera with one hand, and using as little pressure as possible, unscrew the filter with the band wrapped round it. Grip is your friend..pressure is your enemy!

drone33 likes this.
  3. msinger

Approved Vendor

The trick is to hold the UV filter as loosely as possible while turning it to the left. A rubber glove, rubber band, etc. will help your fingers grip the filter so you don't have to put a lot of pressure on it.

4. Kevin Donoghoe

After reading of all the ways to get it off, I turned to a pair of multigrips. That shifted it OK, but I didn't realise until later that I had cracked the lens. It cost me $AUD69 to replace it :confused:

5. JackH

I suggest that after you get if off you apply a microscopic amount of Luberex (GC electronic lube) to the threads. This will protect the threads from oxidizing and freezing your filter in place. Also keeps out moisture and dust.

6. Kevin Donoghoe

Hey, thanks for that. I'm not an imaginative bloke and probably wouldn't have thought of it.

7. Mike_in_Letcombe

Tried 'gently'. Nope. Tried 'rubber bands'. Nope. Wife gave me her (dry) washing up gloves - first attempt, 3 seconds, unscrewed. Off to buy some decent filters now!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

8. LMT0286

I guess I was lucky. Mine unscrewed very easily

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app