Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

unreadable files

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by Red Dog Rob, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Red Dog Rob

I am a newbie so I am most likely the cause of my problem. But when I go flying my Phantom 2 vision+ records the first flight but never the second. Yesterday it would not record even the first flight. I get a file that is the correct size and has an extension of MP4, but my computer cannot open it. I have upgraded to a 32 gig card so I have no issues with that.

2. Goldmagnet

That's normally a sign that you just powered down the Phantom without stopping the video by the app first.

If you put the card back in and power up, and the power down it should repair.

GM

3. 4wd

4wd

Could be that, give it at least a minute after you stop recording to clear any buffering and finalise the file.
    There is always the chance of having somehow got a dodgy card, there are a lot of counterfeit ones about.- e.g. incorrectly labelled slow ones.

4. Red Dog Rob

I did what you said and recovered the footage. Thanks, I drove an hour and a half to this place I wanted to film at so I’m glad it worked. I will stop the recorder from now on. Thanks again