Unpacked After Four Weeks and...

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to power up. Any advice? Searching around the forum isn't leading me anywhere since "power" is too common a phrase.

Flew fine about a month ago. Packed it away for awhile and now that I got it out again it doesn't want to go.

Here's the video showing the issue:

http://www.path88files.com/TEMP/IMG_0064.MOV

What are my options?

Need some details.

When stored, did you have the battery installed? I did this once and the battery was dead. I had fully charged it, installed it and then boxed up the drone so I would have a full charge for next flight. Did not work out so well.

And have you tried charging the battery?

Read the manual on how to power up the phantom. Djee
His bird and battery are ok, he just needs to understand how to turn that bird on.
He didn't read the manual !

uhhhh... you didn't power it on in that video...

you clicked once and then waited till the lights went out to click and hold...

you need to click once and immediately click and hold while the lights are still on :ugeek:

It's not a good idea to leave the battery fully charged for more than a week or two. LiPo batteries degrade when full charged. They degrade all the time but it's worse on a full charge. Letting the charge get too low can also cause damage.
It's generally recommended to store them at 50% charge. I discharge them to ~50% and keep them in the refrigerator if I don't plan to fly for a month or more.

Now wait a second..... If this is actually the case with this person not knowing the power up procedure, then the best might clearly be to advise him to request a refund.

Unless he received his quad as a gift, this situation could weigh in his favor, ...but not really. Even if it was a gift there is no good excuse for not opening up the manual for the easy answer, then to be subject to embarrassment. I didn't look at the video, but you actually took the time to create a video and upload it to a host, then to open the manual or download pdf.

Let's be real with what generally goes on when those of us that are passionate with most things we get involved in. Prior to acquiring an investment we usually read up on as much as we can to make sure it is what we want, plus more.

I'm probably a little hard on the guy, but it's rare to have something this wacked out. I do apologize if any feelings were hurt!

hey man... everybody has a brain fart now and then... he's obviously done it correctly before and just got the process screwed around after not using it for awhile...

i came so close to doing this one time...

took the phantom out one time after an antenna mod... powered it on... all i got was flashing yellow lights... tried everything... even rebinding the tx... took the entire phantom apart and rechecked all the connections... shot some texts back and forth with a couple other forum members for advice... really had that sunk feeling that i must have broken something while i was in there the first time... sick and sad :cry:

then i looked over at the transmitter sitting on the desk... :shock:

the stupid S1 switch was in RTH :oops:

so glad i didn't start posting on the forum for answers that night... but i understand :ugeek:

DBS said:
hey man... everybody has a brain fart now and then... he's obviously done it correctly before and just got the process screwed around after not using it for awhile...

i came so close to doing this one time...

took the phantom out one time after an antenna mod... powered it on... all i got was flashing yellow lights... tried everything... even rebinding the tx... took the entire phantom apart and rechecked all the connections... shot some texts back and forth with a couple other forum members for advice... really had that sunk feeling that i must have broken something while i was in there the first time... sick and sad :cry:

then i looked over at the transmitter sitting on the desk... :shock:

the stupid S1 switch was in RTH :oops:

so glad i didn't start posting on the forum for answers that night... but i understand :ugeek:

Now had you posted, there would have been a totally different reaction to the situation. We know all about your forgetfulness, which is why you are considered special. When you think about it, you really are busy doing a ton of stuff all the time. You are a very exciting person. It's no wonder why you are always forgetting to pull your pants down before sitting on the toilet. :lol
I'm just kidding.

Here's the details for the track we talked about.

Attachments

• 1DBSTrack.jpg
    1DBSTrack.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 502

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj