Unlocking Zones

Reaction score
I'm trying to fly in a 'yellow' zone, that I've flown in about 4 months ago. It is now being blocked by DJI. I have obtained permission from the local FAA to fly under 100' in the area. I have 'unlocked' the zone through DJI. I'm within 5 miles of the regional airport, but again, have obtained proper permission.
Why might my 'unlocking' not work? DJI Go is telling me I'm unable to launch. The strange thing is, my home is MUCH closer to that airport, and it's never blocked me at all there.

I'm trying to work on a commercial job for a university while the fall leaves are at their peak. I've got about 3 days to sort this out or lose significant income. (Isn't that always the kind of thing that happens...)

Any advice?

You might try finding a different machine to fly. Usually you need to request permission 90 days in advance. This gives you time to get everything in order. I'd buy or rent a lower end bird.

I'm trying to fly in a 'yellow' zone, that I've flown in about 4 months ago. It is now being blocked by DJI. I have obtained permission from the local FAA to fly under 100' in the area. I have 'unlocked' the zone through DJI. I'm within 5 miles of the regional airport, but again, have obtained proper permission.
Why might my 'unlocking' not work? DJI Go is telling me I'm unable to launch. The strange thing is, my home is MUCH closer to that airport, and it's never blocked me at all there.

I'm trying to work on a commercial job for a university while the fall leaves are at their peak. I've got about 3 days to sort this out or lose significant income. (Isn't that always the kind of thing that happens...)

Any advice?
Do you have Internet service there? I think you need that to unlock

Any advice?

I'm not connected to my drone now so I have to recite from memory. When connected to your Phantom, go into settings and try to turn off geofencing. See if that helps. Sorry I don't have screenshots to assist. This may not be visible until you are connected to the drone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: jkers10
That's what I did end up doing. I didn't realize you could turn off geofencing... But then I found it. DJIgo is a pretty involved menu. Hope I can find hat little gem again.

Can anybody help me here please.

I'm using Autopilot to carry out a grid survey at a major airport in Australia.

I have an unlock licence key for my aircraft from DJI but I would like confirm the procedure for unlocking the "no fly" firmware restriction and then closing DJI GO and then booting Autopilot.

Are there any know issues with using AP on an unlocked aircraft.

Appreciate any guidance here as I need to make absolutely sure the aircraft behaves as it normally would.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic