Unlocking fly zones coming real soon?

You don't have to have the beta to try an unlock. I did. Quick, simple and easy to pop up. The only issue I see is the temporary nature of the unlock (3 days) and the incorrect restrictions on DJI's map.
An Alert area on a sectional map should be a green zone, not a yellow zone, depending. Between the errors and the short window of flight, I'm not thrilled, but I am also not grounded. Compromise.

Zones should be over "sensitive" areas like airports, military bases,, etc... Not entire cities and islands as they are right now. Authorizations should be fly over or near these sensitive locations....everything outside those should authorization free...

I must be doing something wrong..when I click on the link I can choose from the various Continents then Countries, but cannot seem to get any red or green areas. I'm located in Australia and want to know how much this is possibly going to affect me..Anyone else experiencing this? Do you have to be in the Beta to get the locations?

I am currently running on the latest firmware, and have read that DJI may enforce us to keep with any new firmware, ensuring that we would def be seeing this unlocking of fly zones..any truth to this?? Is it possible to downgrade to a firmware in which they will not force us to later upgrade?

Zones should be over "sensitive" areas like airports, military bases,, etc... Not entire cities and islands as they are right now. Authorizations should be fly over or near these sensitive locations....everything outside those should authorization free...
Where are you seeing entire islands and cities requiring authorization?... what I'm seeing in USA is typically 5 mile recreational radius that requires unlocking for Class D airspace but 7 mile radius around Class B airspace.

I'm located in Australia and want to know how much this is possibly going to affect me
The GEO page specifically states:
"Note that GEO will first be launched in North America and Europe. The map does not reflect how GEO will be implemented in other countries in the future."
DJI may enforce us to keep with any new firmware
Not sure exactly how they're gonna do that one.... if I never use the DJI GO app and am fine with the FW I already have...

All my zones are yellow or green. As someone stated the airports in my area are yellow for some reason which doesn't make sense. They should all be 5 mile radius red. That would make it easier than self reporting/inadvertently self incriminating.

Please DJi stop me from going inside 5 miles of an airport accidentally or unknowingly I'm good with that but don't allow me to override and self incriminate into an airport no-go zone. Makes zero sense.

The GEO page specifically states:
"Note that GEO will first be launched in North America and Europe. The map does not reflect how GEO will be implemented in other countries in the future."

I cannot even seem to get any no fly zones in Europe (France, Germany) must be doing something incorrect..

How? What if you keep your device offline?

I'm sure eventually the firmware upgrade will be forced. And there will be no way to avoid it. Some zones don't make any sense and their radius is well over 20km.. But to me , waiting for 24 hrs and then only getting the unlock for 3 days seems to be a big problem. You can always plan a day ahead where you will be flying.

I must be doing something wrong..when I click on the link I can choose from the various Continents then Countries, but cannot seem to get any red or green areas. I'm located in Australia and want to know how much this is possibly going to affect me..Anyone else experiencing this? Do you have to be in the Beta to get the locations?

I am currently running on the latest firmware, and have read that DJI may enforce us to keep with any new firmware, ensuring that we would def be seeing this unlocking of fly zones..any truth to this?? Is it possible to downgrade to a firmware in which they will not force us to later upgrade?

You are correct in saying that there are YELLOW zones where there should be RED NFZs. The GREEN zones are there too but harder to find.

How is it going to affect you? Easy to answer. Search the app store for DJI. You will find an app called "Are you safe to fly your drone?" by Virtual Edge for CASA Australia.

Note the DJI GO integration.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

So reading that, this app updates or replaces the database in the GO App.

Here is the latest directory file structure for the IOS DJI GO App:

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I'm following ... I will be in a yellow zone but where I fly mostly is not. Is this going to be the same if you have a 333?

All my zones are yellow or green. As someone stated the airports in my area are yellow for some reason which doesn't make sense. They should all be 5 mile radius red. That would make it easier than self reporting/inadvertently self incriminating.

Please DJi stop me from going inside 5 miles of an airport accidentally or unknowingly I'm good with that but don't allow me to override and self incriminate into an airport no-go zone. Makes zero sense.

The problem with that is many people have permission to fly inside those yellow zones (airports). I have many posts where people are doing work for the airport or have permission from the airport to fly there. Red zones would lock those people out.

Where are you seeing entire islands and cities requiring authorization?... what I'm seeing in USA is typically 5 mile recreational radius that requires unlocking for Class D airspace but 7 mile radius around Class B airspace.
I'm in Montreal Canada. Check out the map and the surroundings.
Im going to visit the "isla mujeres" island in Mexico next week, take a look at that, the entire island is yellow. Now I understand that the geo fencing rule isn't effective yet,,but nevertheless, the way it seems to be looking so far is total non sense.

Im going to visit the "isla mujeres" island in Mexico next week, take a look at that, the entire island is yellow. Now I understand that the geo fencing rule isn't effective yet,,but nevertheless, the way it seems to be looking so far is total non sense.

Probably because there's an airport on the small island?

Indeed, I can see that to the East of Montreal you've got quite a saturation of Yellow zones that will require authorization requests... can't tell what those are, maybe heliports?.... what happens if you try to fly in those areas today?... does the P3 identify these as NFZ's?

Im going to visit the "isla mujeres" island in Mexico next week, take a look at that, the entire island is yellow
Yes, there's an airport there... even today, to fly responsibly on that island you would need to consider the airport and usual no flying within at least 4 miles since approach altitudes to islands are commonly lower since the fish don't complain and need noise abatement... still, even once GEO is active, I honestly can't see how spending 10 seconds to request a 3-day authorization period is a problem... it should be part of your pre-flight planning for safety, yes?

You are correct in saying that there are YELLOW zones where there should be RED NFZs. The GREEN zones are there too but harder to find.

How is it going to affect you? Easy to answer. Search the app store for DJI. You will find an app called "Are you safe to fly your drone?" by Virtual Edge for CASA Australia.

Note the DJI GO integration.

So reading that, this app updates or replaces the database in the GO App.

Here is the latest directory file structure for the IOS DJI GO App:

View attachment 39784
Awesome find..... thank you.

Note the DJI GO integration
Looks like a great app but it's not related to the as yet unreleased DJI GEO system so there's no telling yet how that will affect Australia flyers... especially since they haven't given a date when it will even be applicable to the folks "down unda"...

Looks like a great app but it's not related to the as yet unreleased DJI GEO system so there's no telling yet how that will affect Australia flyers... especially since they haven't given a date when it will even be applicable to the folks "down unda"...
If it's based on CASA's view it's a good indication of what we are up for.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4