Unknown location

Reaction score
Was not sure where to post this so decided to start a new thread sorry
Trying to explain this photo why would I lose my video feed but still have three bars on my Wi-Fi? :cry:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    373.9 KB · Views: 535
No expert here, but the DJI wiki states that the range on an unmodified wifi extender is about 300 meters ... roughly 1000 feet.

It looks to me like you're pretty much at the max distance for a stable wifi connection.

GneeChee said:
No expert here, but the DJI wiki states that the range on an unmodified wifi extender is about 300 meters ... roughly 1000 feet.

It looks to me like you're pretty much at the max distance for a stable wifi connection.
It returned and and stayed till I got to this location
then dropped out and never came back which I realize is probably my max distance just thought it was weird that the video dropped out with the Wi-Fi having three bars earlier
I have a half Dome in SKU planar coming so hopefully I can stabilize my video out to control range

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 462
Gotcha. I've experienced the same thing. For me, it seems to happen when I fly over or near some sort of remote structure or building. I always just assumed it was some sort of interference. Sometimes it seems that something as simple as a tree in my LOS can cause it.

But then again, I really don't know how all of this works ... it's a magical, mystical, mystery trip for me and my Vision :)

I am somewhat convinced that the bars shown does not necessarily match the actual signal strength at the time. I have had no bars with full video and telemetry. I have also had bars and frozen or black video and telemetry. In fact I have never lost telemetry except at large distances (> 1200') when the wifi connection is broken as the triangle on the display.

My experience is similar to yours. Antecedotal evidence is telling me that the wifi bars shown should not necessarily be treated as 100% exact science.

Wouldn't these bars represent the signal from the ipad to the range extender, (right next to it) not from the extender to the craft?

Geo

Geoelectro said:
Wouldn't these bars represent the signal from the ipad to the range extender, (right next to it) not from the extender to the craft?

Geo

The short answer is no. The bars shown within the app are the strength of the connection between the craft and the extender, not the extender and your device running the app.

The strength of signal between your device and the extender is shown in your device. For instance if you look at the connection in your device to the Phantom_xxxxx, the strength of that connection is the number of bars shown in the wifi section of your device.

Make sense?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20