Universal dampened camera mount

DJI Phantom 2 Vision Universal Servo Mount V2.0

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0ae4iYcZ7Q[/youtube]

Available now on Shapeways

hi monsieur Anon
I have been doing some mapping with phantom vision plus with the pix4d app - its too restrictive as internet is needed and most of my work is in isolated places. I have looking at replacing the cameras on my 3 drones and interested in your mounts and the best camera for aerial mapping.
Looking forward to your input

You don't need internet for the app. Just fly with the capture app, take the images from the memory card of the drone and the p4d file on the phone an process with pix4dmapper. That is very fast.

I am confused with the response - if there is no internet the app does not know where you are if you have an area to cover with multiple missions one is unable to work out what area is covered. Also no background image is displayed - I am tried to capture a small island with poor internet - the mapping was very poor and I need to redo but need mapping software that can be preprogrammed prior to going to the field so whole area is covered. In the field just fly the missions .

You only "need" internet for the background maps. You can open the app at home when you have internet and they will be cached.
In the field you can plan your flights without being connected to internet.

You only "need" internet for the background maps. You can open the app at home when you have internet and they will be cached.
In the field you can plan your flights without being connected to internet.
Hi - thank you for your input. I can then plan my missions at home on my survey software with overlap etc. In the field estimate the location of each mission by hand held gps and or drone location home point. After each mission plot the photos into my survey software to check? My headache to find internet is gone. Thank you

I am confused with the response - if there is no internet the app does not know where you are if you have an area to cover with multiple missions one is unable to work out what area is covered. Also no background image is displayed - I am tried to capture a small island with poor internet - the mapping was very poor and I need to redo but need mapping software that can be preprogrammed prior to going to the field so whole area is covered. In the field just fly the missions .

Hi MickMac,

Sorry for not responding earlier. I wasn't informed of the responses. What C1234 says is correct. Also, if you are willing to fly manually, and use a superior camera, Agisoft Photoscan may be a superior piece of software for you.

Popular choices for cameras, for this task, are the Ricoh GR & Sony RX-100.

I'm more than happy to build and sell you some mounts for your UAVs. Just email me at [email protected] and let me know your shipping address and choice of red, white or black for the plastic components.

Hi - thank you for your input. I can then plan my missions at home on my survey software with overlap etc. In the field estimate the location of each mission by hand held gps and or drone location home point. After each mission plot the photos into my survey software to check? My headache to find internet is gone. Thank you

Are you using pix4d capture app? This app does the flightplanning for you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj