Unil whatt % battery you fly

Reaction score
When do you land? I usually after 30% low battery warning signal, descend the craft and fly low to ground and close to me a lil bit more. So i land at around 16-20% is it ok?

It is but give yourself time and you do NOT want auto land to kick in as most people panic and then things go horribly wrong.

It depends what's being filmed - and if it's a one off (like a train going over a bridge or similar) then stay out as long as possible. There's only one chance to get a good shot! Under test conditions and normal use come back in, when the first warning goes off come back in and land. One every 30 flights or so, I take it down to 8% by hovering and holding the throttle up to keep it in place. Makes hand catching a wee bit interesting.

Here's one of the stay-out clips.

Is that Thomas the Tank engine ?

Do you have warp capability to zap from each side of bridge as well ?

:)

Reactions: happydays
When do you land? I usually after 30% low battery warning signal, descend the craft and fly low to ground and close to me a lil bit more. So i land at around 16-20% is it ok?
This is ok if you have left the battery warning and critical level settings at 30and 10%

I try to be at the landing point or very close at 30% battery. I don't know that I've ever pushed landing past 20% battery. I see nothing wrong with landing at 20% but at that 10% is a safety buffer. I've been in situations were I've needed that buffer, hence the few times I've touched down at 20%.

I think the bigger issue is the design of a lipo battery. They give high voltage for a maximum time and then drop off _very_ quickly. Granted, this drop off probably won't happen until 8% or 5%.

Reactions: kennedye
Usually between 30-40%. Often I land in the low 40's because I've had a long enough flight to be satisfied and since I never know when the heck I'm gonna fly that battery again I prefer the storage charge for a possible extended time be 40% and not much lower.

Yeah I was just wondering the same thing. Hope it's not a bad move

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20