Unfortunately, Android not playing well with Phantom

Reaction score
So, I unfortunately don't have an iPhone, and use an HTC one. The software keeps saying no internet connection found even though it is connected to the phantom Wifi. This screen keeps popping up. I click cancel and then I'm able to control the camera. I uploaded the software on the IPAD air and it looks much more stable although I'm not sure how i'd be able to control the unit from the ground using the sticks and holding the iPad in one hand....there is no connections for the iPad as i know for now...if anyone has something let me know. Also, I calibrate the unit and all i get are flashing yellow after calibration. Im only able to get 3,4,5 GPS signals so that may be why. I just don't want to fight this thing, for the money they charge. Its a shame because its really fun to fly. So i've called for a return on the unit and may have to wait till i decide to go back to the iPhone or they stabilize the android app. I've also turned it to airplane mode as they suggested and reconnected the wifi and I'm still getting the same problem. Does anyone else have problems with android and calibration? ....I know I'm new at this...and i'd like to get one more flight in before returning it...

abacus01 said:
So, I unfortunately don't have an iPhone, and use an HTC one. The software keeps saying no internet connection found even though it is connected to the phantom Wifi. This screen keeps popping up. I click cancel and then I'm able to control the camera. I uploaded the software on the IPAD air and it looks much more stable although I'm not sure how i'd be able to control the unit from the ground using the sticks and holding the iPad in one hand....there is no connections for the iPad as i know for now...if anyone has something let me know. Also, I calibrate the unit and all i get are flashing yellow after calibration. Im only able to get 3,4,5 GPS signals so that may be why. I just don't want to fight this thing, for the money they charge. Its a shame because its really fun to fly. So i've called for a return on the unit and may have to wait till i decide to go back to the iPhone or they stabilize the android app. I've also turned it to airplane mode as they suggested and reconnected the wifi and I'm still getting the same problem. Does anyone else have problems with android and calibration? ....I know I'm new at this...and i'd like to get one more flight in before returning it...

The first time you connect to the Android app you need to have internet access so you can log on with your DJI account. That means not being connected to the Phantoms WiFi network. Once logged in to the app you won't need internet access again so you can connect to your Phantom as normal. I used the Android app on my friends HTC one with out a problem as well as Samsung Galaxy S4 and my Nexus 7 second gen on kit Kat ver 4.4.2

As far as satelite issues the v3 firmware that comes pre included in the vision plus is known for satellite acquisition problems. I suggest going to the download page for the regular Vision and using the Assistant software v2 and downgrade your firmware to that which is actually an an improvement over the v3 firmware and you won't have the no fly zone problem either.

abacus01 said:
So, I unfortunately don't have an iPhone, and use an HTC one. The software keeps saying no internet connection found even though it is connected to the phantom Wifi.

That is not a problem with the Android app... it's a feature of the HTC one letting you know that you don't have access to the Internet and you only have connection to a local server... I think you can go into your wifi settings... Click advanced wifi... and check the box that says "Best wifi performance" (may affect battery life)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers