undershell cracked (your advice) ?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I need some advice. From picture i attach to this post, now on ??

- should i stop flying immediatly with my P3A ?
- should i change the undershell ?
- is that a job a can do myself ?
- can i continue to fly without problem and see if crack came bigger ?

any other tought will be well welcome.

thank's for reading.

p3a_crack_under-shell.jpg

Crack will definitely increase if you keep flying and at one point your P3 will become difficult to control. Take immediate steps to get it repaired by DJI if covered under Warantee else by shell and repair yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: flpholt
For sure not cover under warranty, almost 2 years now and still flying :)

Is is possible to order just the piece and change it myself, or it's to difficult ?

You have a few options:

1 - Easiest would be purchase a set of the P3 motor reinforcement plates. You can apply a small amount of 5-minute epoxy to the underside of the plate before installing (don't let it get in the screw holes) to seal the whole thing up tight. They will come in a set of four but you only need to install one on the cracked mount. Save the others in case you develop cracks in another arm later.

2 - Harder - Remove top shell & motor from cracked arm. Seal cracks with epoxy or plastiweld. You can build up the inside for increased strength just be careful not to alter the motor mount spots. Clamp the cracks tight while things cure.

3 - Hardest - Complete shell replacement.

I'd probably go with #1 at first & save #3 for when you have cracks on several arms.

Hi there,

I need some advice. From picture i attach to this post, now on ??

- should i stop flying immediatly with my P3A ?
- should i change the undershell ?
- is that a job a can do myself ?
- can i continue to fly without problem and see if crack came bigger ?

any other tought will be well welcome.

thank's for reading.

View attachment 63441

Last edited:
Reactions: WetDog
For sure not cover under warranty, almost 2 years now and still flying :)

Is is possible to order just the piece and change it myself, or it's to difficult ?
The shell is available from most authorized DJI dealers. Part# 30 Replacement shell for P3A/ P3P. Runs about $59.00. If you have some basic model building and electrical skills, you should have no problems doing it yourself.

I don't really like the end of your sentence "..when you have cracks on several arms"

is that mean, more crack will appear on other arm later on ?

LOL well just in case. If your P3 is 2 years old you have one of the original shells & they had a lot of issues with cracked mounts. So did the P2s for that matter...my Vision+ looks like yours on all 4 arms!

I don't really like the end of your sentence "..when you have cracks on several arms"

is that mean, more crack will appear on other arm later on ?

LOL well just in case. If your P3 is 2 years old you have one of the original shells & they had a lot of issues with cracked mounts. So did the P2s for that matter...my Vision+ looks like yours on all 4 arms!
Interesting, My P2V+ is in perfect shape. Never have had any cracks and it has well over 250 flights on it so far. I guess I got a good one and it is a first generation P2V+.

Mine is first Gen also but it had a really hard encounter with the asphalt when Night Fury attacked! :eek: I have a new shell but have never taken the time to install it.

Interesting, My P2V+ is in perfect shape. Never have had any cracks and it has well over 250 flights on it so far. I guess I got a good one and it is a first generation P2V+.

I will probably continue to fly with that shell and watch every flight.
I will order a new shell and change it next winter (Canada -30 is not good for flying) !

bye

If i want to open up a warranty repair or order new shell, i willl probably need my SERIAL number of the bird. Where can i get that information. I look around in DJI Go App and HealtyDrone, still not find it.

now i got it, good !

after 2 years, should i try to contact DJI support and see if they can help me out
if yes, any link or email to contact directly ?

maybe i will loose my time and should order right away a new complete shell kit ?
is a good idea to buy from Amazon or thirdparty reseller or better to buy directly from DJI ?

by the way, thank's to take the time to anwser all those question.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers