Underbody LED Specs

netphreak said:
Blue in the back, regular red in the front.

Gm0W8Jc.jpg

Full disclosure:
I work for DSLR Pros, they allow me to make these mods on their time. We also service and install upgrades on Phantoms.

I need to make that change, I can't tell yellow from green and it's difficult to confirm I have gps home locked. did your mod preserve the yellow and replaced green with blue? I need to have blue and yellow I think on the underside of the forward arms so I understand the color codes. Where did you get the parts/part#? how did you know which leds were green to replace them?

thanks.

wworrall said:
I need to make that change, I can't tell yellow from green and it's difficult to confirm I have gps home locked. did your mod preserve the yellow and replaced green with blue? I need to have blue and yellow I think on the underside of the forward arms so I understand the color codes. Where did you get the parts/part#? how did you know which leds were green to replace them?

thanks.

The LEDs in the back of the craft (away from the battery door) are green and the front are red. I changed the green ones to blue and kept the reds, but on my personal craft I changed the front lights to white. Not really good for night time filming, but it looks pretty cool. I don't know the voltage for yellow LEDs, but the blue LEDs operate at the same voltage as the green LEDs.

I get the parts from here: http://lighthouseleds.com/led-component ... 0-smd.html

The soldering can be a little tricky, but it's not too bad. get an extra ESC or two to practice on first, or PM me and I can help you out.

netphreak said:
wworrall said:

thanks.

The LEDs in the back of the craft (away from the battery door) are green and the front are red. I changed the green ones to blue and kept the reds, but on my personal craft I changed the front lights to white. Not really good for night time filming, but it looks pretty cool. I don't know the voltage for yellow LEDs, but the blue LEDs operate at the same voltage as the green LEDs.

I get the parts from here: http://lighthouseleds.com/led-component ... 0-smd.html

The soldering can be a little tricky, but it's not too bad. get an extra ESC or two to practice on first, or PM me and I can help you out.

thanks Netphreak. Their aren't three different sets of LED colors on each arm? If not, then that mean that the LEDs are multicolor. The LEDs signal different colors at startup all 4 arms change colors from red to yellow to green. I took a slow motion video of it with my new iPhone and played it back to a non color blind person.

netphreak said:
Are you talking about the phantom 2 or the 1? I haven't pulled apart the new phantom yet, we don't have a huge stock here until later this month.

My bad, yes, I have a new PV2.

netphreak said:
I do know that all three LEDs are multicolor, so that means they're being supplied with different voltages to change colors. On that note, I don't know of a multicolor LED that is different from the regular red/green/blue combination.

Thanks, I learned over on rcgroups just now that the pv2 LEDs with 2 emitters, green and red, and both are powered for the yellow-orange, one is powered for the other two colors; 5 volts in those wires. If so, then I would have to replace all the LEDs on the rear arms with similar LEDs but red-blue instead of red-green. That would leave me with red, blue and purple, and I probably couldn't tell the purple from the red. Oh well.....

I guess I will use naza-m mode and rely on the 9 quick blinks to confirm home lock before take off, as it is not likely I would lose radio control signal at home (also 9 blinks but different color). I thought about putting a colored filter over leds on rear arms, but that would likely mess up all 3 colors.

Thanks for the info.

Hi wworral do you change the rear leds in the phantom 2?.now you have red,yellow and blue?
thanks

Netphreak
How much would you charge to change the lights on all 4 esc's? I wanted to change them to blue and white. I had a friend try and change them and he messed up the esc board.

On a related note, how do you remove the lens from the Phantom, are they clipped or screwed?

asynchronism said:
Does anyone know the specs for the red/green underbody LED's? I'm travelling this week, and wanted to order some replacements (different colors) before the weekend - didn't have time to take it apart before I left.

Another idea is to disconnect the LED's and replace them with LED strobes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq8rOCwjuNc[/youtube]

Wayne

I was able to change my esc leds (underside) to blue and a soft white. You need a steady hand is all I can say. :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20