under the hood

Reaction score
Had my PV2 for about a month now. Maybe about 18 flights so far. Each with a couple of batteries. Live in Nevada sunshine. Only problem having so far is monitor viewing in bright light. Made a DIY sun shade (8" by 8") from a black plastic file box from Walmart that helped some. Still not good enough with my Nexus 7 monitor.

My goal for buying PV2 was to explore new areas with FPV so I wanted a very good view from camera. Pictures and video are ok but not priority. So whats the next step? I need a total dark hood so monitor has no reflection.

Looking around the house for a DIY solution I ran across a black sweat shirt. Cut the arms off and sewed holes shut. Put some velcro around the sweat shirt waist band and on my monitor hood. Now when I get done with my pre-flight checklist and everything is a go, on goes the hood. Total darkness and monitor view looks great. Immersion factor is awesome. You only see whats on the monitor. Takes a little time to get use to total FPV flying but I love it now. Watch the app. data for critical info.

Flying a drone with a black hood on standing out in the desert could attract some attention. Hope the Homeland Security has a sense of humor. lol.

enterprise1 said:
Had my PV2 for about a month now. Maybe about 18 flights so far. Each with a couple of batteries. Live in Nevada sunshine. Only problem having so far is monitor viewing in bright light. Made a DIY sun shade (8" by 8") from a black plastic file box from Walmart that helped some. Still not good enough with my Nexus 7 monitor.

My goal for buying PV2 was to explore new areas with FPV so I wanted a very good view from camera. Pictures and video are ok but not priority. So whats the next step? I need a total dark hood so monitor has no reflection.

Looking around the house for a DIY solution I ran across a black sweat shirt. Cut the arms off and sewed holes shut. Put some velcro around the sweat shirt waist band and on my monitor hood. Now when I get done with my pre-flight checklist and everything is a go, on goes the hood. Total darkness and monitor view looks great. Immersion factor is awesome. You only see whats on the monitor. Takes a little time to get use to total FPV flying but I love it now. Watch the app. data for critical info.

Flying a drone with a black hood on standing out in the desert could attract some attention. Hope the Homeland Security has a sense of humor. lol.

Ahahaha, DIY all the way!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4