Uncontrolled descent issue

Reaction score
I have a new Phantom2 and on three different flights I have encountered a problem when doing a descent. Part way thorough it does a little wobble, becomes unresponsive and keeps heading down to the ground. Luckily I have been flying low and slow while learning and always over soft ground so no damage until today. The wobble happened during the descent of the FTH sequence and hit pretty hard from about 20 feet up and bent a strut. Any ideas?

Possibly VRS, do you happen to have prop guards or carbon fiber props?

Sounds like VRS as pointed out above. In addition to prop guards, I was wondering what else is onboard. How much does it weigh? Also, what are the weather conditions? temp? humidity?. Also what firmware is being used? finally u do any motor mods? and what props are you running?

when this happens does the motor sound get louder as the bird trys to fly out of the bad air?

to perhaps avoid this, reduce weight and fly forward as you descend.

Try no to come straight down, especially if coming down fast. If descending straight down, you get into the turbulent air caused by the propellers. This is what the other responders are talking about.

I always move it laterally when coming down - preferably into the wind.

darwin-t said:
Try no to come straight down, especially if coming down fast. If descending straight down, you get into the turbulent air caused by the propellers. This is what the other responders are talking about.

I always move it laterally when coming down - preferably into the wind.

+1

A HABIT TO DEVELOPE

(but I think the op has not returned to his thread, at least he did not answer a couple of questions I asked above)

i had a couple of crashes coming straight down it develops that wobble. To get out, push the movemnt stick, to fly foreard all the way forward and give full thrust. It will come out immediatedly as the wobble will stop. anytimeit starts wobbling push forward to remedy. I learned the hard way, to descend, fly forward and down, if you have a fpv, it will look like a plane landing. It is more fu to come down this way. I am getting, no more crashes, ad am even circling down in small spiratls at really rapid rates. The odd time it dws wobble so I fly gorward full thrust and it comes out of the death wobble. I am fully loaded with a gimbal so that makes the problem worse but the forward motion is the remedy

Don't hold the throttle below 10% whether you have the motor cutoff set to immediate or intelligent. In the former case, it will shut your motors off. In the latter case, it will put the quad into landing mode and directional controls will have no effect.

The NAZA manual says the default is immediate.

I have been keeping it well above 50% as I want to ascent and fly about

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20