Uncontrolled Descent . Help Please.

@Gary ph2 Thank you so much for your tips, i took a look at the props and they do have some wear, but not a significant chip, and the edges look Ok. I have brand new ones so when i get the time this week i will fly agein after i work on some of the tips i got from you guys, including brand new original @Props.

@Mako79 , thanks, i did an advance calibration and everything its Ok, i been flying this quad for more then 10 month without a problem, always using the same equipment on it ..... the wired thing is that the descent happen only when gimbal/gopro are on .... if i remember well, at last, i did try and made to fly a hole batt without the issue, and when i loaded ... bummmmm Still, just to make sure, i will test fly agein, first without gimbal/gopro and after with it ....... just to be sure of the info the im giving to you, becouse that will be a good indicator of wich way we need to look at i belive .....
Cheers guys you are really kind with all your tips and help, i really need to fly agein, and becouse im in Mexico, caribean side, it is really hard to find a repleacment over here :( So if i can fix it by myself with all your help, will be really good !!

Cheers guys !

Have you heard anyone with a problem with motor speeds changing on its own, my ph2 can be sitting on idle and it slowly speeds up to high speed.. more uickly on top end... This could cause a fly away.... Anyone got any Ideas?

@Gary ph2 Thank you so much for your tips, i took a look at the props and they do have some wear, but not a significant chip, and the edges look Ok. I have brand new ones so when i get the time this week i will fly agein after i work on some of the tips i got from you guys, including brand new original @Props.

@Mako79 , thanks, i did an advance calibration and everything its Ok, i been flying this quad for more then 10 month without a problem, always using the same equipment on it ..... the wired thing is that the descent happen only when gimbal/gopro are on .... if i remember well, at last, i did try and made to fly a hole batt without the issue, and when i loaded ... bummmmm Still, just to make sure, i will test fly agein, first without gimbal/gopro and after with it ....... just to be sure of the info the im giving to you, becouse that will be a good indicator of wich way we need to look at i belive .....
Cheers guys you are really kind with all your tips and help, i really need to fly agein, and becouse im in Mexico, caribean side, it is really hard to find a repleacment over here :( So if i can fix it by myself with all your help, will be really good !!

Cheers guys !

Did you look at the gain settings in the Phantom Assist? Pitch/Yaw/Roll/Vertical? Make sure they are on defaults as incorrect gains can affect flying behaviours.

Reactions: Birdu2
To me, and I'm only giving you my opinion, it sounds like maybe one of the motors has a higher-pitched hum than the rest. It doesn't sound as smooth as it should... if that makes any sense... hopefully someone else can listen and agree/disagree. If that truly is the case, then it's probably not the GPS that's the issue...
I noticed that also. Seems like there is a fair amount of wind too... maybe coming up the side of the building and swirling over the rooftop, but that shouldn't affect what the OP is experiencing.
Still did notice the rather high pitched motor noise.
Are all the props secured to the motor shaft good? IE... not slipping?
Are they the props with the self contained threaded bushings? (PH2 v2) or the older style with a separate nut holding them on? v1

Cheers guys !
Have you had a good flight/landing WITH the gimbal and goprop before? Is this a new problem?

Have you heard anyone with a problem with motor speeds changing on its own, my ph2 can be sitting on idle and it slowly speeds up to high speed.. more uickly on top end... This could cause a fly away.... Anyone got any Ideas?
Maybe the remote needs stick calibration. It could be that there is a slight offset for the left stick that is simulating an up stick.
First use the RC assistant to cal all the sticks, then use Phantom assistant to cal the sticks if that is the case.
You can tell if the sticks are off because the value in Phantom assistant for all the sticks will not be zero when the sticks are centered, and must be.

I heard the high pitch sound ,sometimes its prop noise. But it sounds like a bearing . Can you run it while you hold it an when you run it for a bit , stop it an see if the motor thst is making the sound is warmer than the others...An infurred tempeture gun would check it best , some automotive shops guys youmight know one ,or have one you could it with....

That is also a good possibility. Wouldn't the bearing problem show up when he was flying without the extra load of gimbal and camera though?
Maybe holding it and running it would be more helpful though.
Recording the sound while doing that would be helpful too.

It needs to be done on the ground in order to get to it quick before it can cool very little to show a difference...If any....also more load , Run at high speed ,also feel for viberation...

Thank you guys for your time ! Like i mention, i been flying with this bird for more then 10 month without this problem, and nothing has changed on it since i started. The flight i had 2 week before went without a problem. Once i have the feeling that the uncontrolled descent happen, but i was able to get control really quick from it, and i thought was a strong wind giving me a bad time.....and because it never happen again ....
After the crash in the video i did 2 test flights one with gimbal/gopro ( uncontroled descent happend agein ) and one with a hole batt without gimb/gopro and everything was Ok.
Ill do another test this weekend with bran new props, using all my 3 batt in those 2 diff scenarios, ill video record the flight and let you know and show what happen guys :)

If you are using a GoPro,check if the wifi is off. Also not convinced that all that metal on the top of your building is the best place to fly from. Good luck and hope you figure it out.

If you are using a GoPro,check if the wifi is off. Also not convinced that all that metal on the top of your building is the best place to fly from. Good luck and hope you figure it out.

Check the dates of the post before commenting as the post you answered is over a year old.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20